Bright Red bleeding? V early stages.... Please advise me?

(35 Posts)
chummy1 Tue 12-Feb-13 23:12:52

I will be grateful to hear from anyone who has experienced pregnancy after a light 2 day bleed and negative HPT's at 11 days past due date?

I have never been pregnant and have no idea what to 'really' expect.

My period was 6 days late. I have never ever been late before. I am age 40 emotionally drained with trying....

On day 7 past my due date, I started to bleed. Very light but strangely bright red? This continued on and off for 2 days. More so when wiping after urinating. My boobs are swollen and sore. I have a dull ache in the lower abdo, which sometimes moves up to just under my tummy button. I am ridiculously emotional, crying at anything??? ... I am normally strong and deal with the reality that 'this may never happen for us'

It is now day 37 of my cycle. I am not bleeding. The dull ache is still there. My boobs are still tingling & sensitive around the nipple however my HPT this morning was negative?

Is this a sticky that has not stuck? or could I be pg? something has happened?

I am so confused.....and wondered if this has happened to anyone else with a positive or negative outcome? the not knowing is dreadful.

Having tried for too long to get that elusive + , we really thought that we had 'done it this time' ..... I'm out of tears!

I would REALLY appreciate hearing stories from ladies who have experienced something similar... in particular, missed period, BFN, 2 day bleed and a positive outcome?

Thank you and apologies for the rambling explanation!

chummy1 Thu 07-Mar-13 20:51:00

No Idea on waiting time but with ARGC you are required to complete forms, send £50 deposit and wait to hear from them. So we will see.............

chummy1 Sun 10-Mar-13 10:17:05

Just to let you know Bakingtins that it's about 6 weeks wait for an appointment at the ARGC ........ Deep breath and on we go smile

Bakingtins Sun 10-Mar-13 10:28:07

Not too bad then. good that you have set things in motion.

chummy1 Sun 10-Mar-13 22:07:02

Have you made any steps towards IVF Bakingtins??

Bakingtins Mon 11-Mar-13 07:53:37

I'm not considering IVF really. I've always managed to get pregnant in a 6-12m window though it feels long enough at the time. It's keeping them that's an issue. Am going to GP this week to discuss referral for recurrent MC testing.

Quenelle Mon 11-Mar-13 13:19:48

Hi chummy1. Has your GP referred you for further investigations into why you haven't conceived? I ask because I told my GP I was TTC when I was 38 and he said if I hadn't conceived within 6 months to go back and he would refer me for tests. They usually don't think anything of it until you've been trying for 12-18 months but he gave me just 6 months because of my age.

Obviously many apologies and please ignore me if you've already been down this route.

chummy1 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:36:04

HI Quenelle GP hasn't referred me for any tests! I shared that we have had sperm tested and results were good. After 24 months, we are trying IVF and the response was "given the rush (we really need to conceive within 6 months as DH and I are sooo concious of DH's age) that he understood why we were giving it one good go and throwing everything at it" (money!) GP is lovely.. but also mindful that DH is 54. thank you for writing .... lovely of you to take the time.

EuroShaggleton Mon 11-Mar-13 13:39:08

It might be worth seeing the GP anyway, because otherwise you might end up paying for all of the standard tests with ARGC when you could have had some of them done by your GP.

chummy1 Mon 11-Mar-13 14:05:25

Yes not thought of that....... although GP did offer to undertake blood tests (the hiv etc ) but nothing else. Bloods taken today for DH. Mine are happening soon! Will talk with DH again x

Quenelle Mon 11-Mar-13 16:29:42

Maybe it's worth doing them in tandem. When I was referred I had a TV scan to check ovaries OK etc and was told I had just ovulated, after GP told me I hadn't been. I got pregnant the next month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now