Having a wobbly week :(

(4 Posts)
okavango Fri 01-Feb-13 19:03:34

spider you poor thing, what a horrible week to have to go through. It took three and a half months of scans to end my mmc so you have my sympathies but please believe me that it does end and you can try again. I was a wreck for the second half of last year but am feeling more positive now although I can have a wobble. have a huge glass of wine tonight and an equally huge hug from your oh when they get home.

spiderlight Fri 01-Feb-13 18:38:56

Thank you thanks

Adversecamber Fri 01-Feb-13 18:25:08

I have endured a PG loss, the pain is so overwhelming and like you I felt worse a few weeks after. You do have to let the pain out, I had some counselling privately and it did help.

My loss was at Christmas time six years ago, the agony of it all does lessen. You may not believe me, honestly I thought I would never ever be able to move on but I have. There is sadness and I think there will always be some but the absolute raw agony dissipates. You poor thing I know exactly how you feel.

Sending you love x

spiderlight Fri 01-Feb-13 18:14:15

I miscarried just before Christmas - MMC discovered at a scan at ten weeks, but the baby had stopped growing at five weeks. It was a horrible, painful, long-drawn-out process that all happened at home, but we'd been getting on with things and I was feeling just about OK. Then I had to go for a scan on Wednesday to make sure there were no retained products. I was hoping that it would help to draw a formal line under it and that would be that, but they've found a big cyst on each of my ovaries, so I've got to go back for another scan in six weeks to see if they've gone, dragging it all out still further. I went to pick up my son from school after the scan and he came running out all excited to tell me that his friend's mum has a baby in her tummy, which knocked the wind out of me a bit - I'm happy for her, of course, but it's going to be hard. And then yesterday my period started, so I'm probably hormonal as well and the blood is freaking me out a bit because part of me is expecting the terrible pain and flooding to start up again. Uff. Hardly anyone knew about the pregnancy so I've got nobody to wail to in real life, and DH is working ridiculously long hours this week so I've barely seen him. Just need a little bit of handholding sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now