How long after m/c did you get next period?

(6 Posts)

Congrats Helebear, fingers crossed Blackholes and so sorry to hear your story Irish. No idea how long it's going to take until ovulation or next period, have got out of the habit of using contraception whilst TTC, and so have already had unprotected sex twice. Can't decide whether to carry on and 'let what will be will be' or to start using condoms again until have had period.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 26-Jan-13 21:25:27

Thanks helebear, hope all goes well for you.

helebear Sat 26-Jan-13 17:50:58

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's miscarriages.

I had an mc at 9 weeks. Then accidentally got pregnant about 10 days later as I didn't think I could possibly ovulate so soon.....

Obviously I'm thrilled to be pregnant again but it does feel like my poor body has put through the mill a bit so it would probably have been better to have waited until I'd had a period. Plus I nearly missed the window for the nuchal fold measurements as was more pregnant than I realised at my 12 week scan.

Good luck ladies.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 26-Jan-13 17:41:41

Oh my gosh Irish, that's horrific. You poor thing. sad

In answer to the op, sorry to hear about your mc too. I came on here as I mc 25 days ago and haven't been using contraception. Got horrible pains which I'm assuming are AF cramps but have a glimmer of hope that they're implantation...... Don't want to wait, though after having read Irish's post, thinking we should.

Irishmammybread Sat 26-Jan-13 00:19:21

Hi clare , sorry to hear about your mc.
I had a mc at 11 weeks last March,next period was 5 weeks later.
I conceived straight away but miscarried again at 6 weeks. This time bleeding was over within a week, I didn't wait to ttc and ovulated and conceived 14 days after mc started.
Unfortunately I miscarried again at 12 weeks, period came 5 weeks later.
Everyone is different and it can vary how long it takes for things to get back to normal.
Good luck x

Just that really, finished bleeding yesterday after early miscarriage at 6 weeks, nurse said as soon as first period is over we can start trying again. Just wondered how long it took?
Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now