Anyone know where does erpc under ultrasound guidance?

(4 Posts)
roseandroli Wed 06-Feb-13 10:14:11

So sorry you are going through this. I had an ERPC under ultrasound guidance at St John and Elizabeth Hospital in London. The sonographer--a very experienced man who has done many of these procedures--practices at the Viveka clinic. You can ring them up and ask. Best wishes to you.

EllaRees Thu 24-Jan-13 21:13:43

Hi there, I had an ERPC in December ad they said they used ultrasound - I didn't realise that wasn't standard. Am I allowed to say the name of the hospital? I think that's against the code of conduct for the boards - it was an NHS hospital in north London (hope that's ok).

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Sat 19-Jan-13 20:22:36

I've had a ERPC under ultrasound at St. Micheals hospital in Bristol. However, it was only after i had retained products after an ERPC ended in a perforated uterus. I had to pass the foetus using medical management, which didn't work. The surgeon did it as a last resort.
I've had several ERPCs and would say that they are safe as long as you have an experienced surgeon, which I didn't have on the original ERPC.
I've unfortunately had lots of ERPCs and I don't think it's standard practice to do them under ultrasound.

pinkjumper1 Sat 19-Jan-13 06:12:16

Apparently it's safest to do erpc under ultrasound guidance. My local hospital doesn't offer it and the lady at the Miscarriage Association hadn't heard of it but do any hospitals in the UK do it? I would consider going private if necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now