Confused and frightened - EPU closed until Monday - any thoughts?

(15 Posts)

Well it is good news.

I had given up on a viable pregnancy after BFPs getting fainter, so to be told "the miscarriage is complete and blimey look at those follicles, you're about to ovulate" is The Best Possible News.

Have told DH I'm jumping him every night until further notice. He was initially startled but not averse.

Thanks for the hand-holding. I was terrified of another protracted loss but that isn't going to happen. Hurrah for bodies!

Whatshappenedtous Tue 08-Jan-13 13:21:22

Any news have been lurking and have had fingers and toes crossed for you x

Supershiv1 Tue 08-Jan-13 08:56:23

Well make sure you let us know.
I have my 12 wk today and was bleeding again last night so fingers crossed x

Thanks for checking back.

Bleeding has slowed to spotting, no pain/cramps but I'm not hopeful. Scan tomorrow to get a baseline. Am about 6w so we are really looking to see if there's anything there, in advance of rescan next week (when DH will be unavoidably overseas sad ).

Jo178 Mon 07-Jan-13 21:19:09

I bled heavily, bright red blood with huge clots throughout my pregnancy and each time DD (now 14 months) was shown to be fine. Midwife said that pain/cramps were main indications of a mc not bleeding. Fingers crossed for you, it's such a horrible thing to have.

Supershiv1 Mon 07-Jan-13 21:07:47

Hi. How are you doing today?

Supershiv1 Sun 06-Jan-13 21:47:46

Try and relax and call gp in morning or out of hours if concerned.
Hugs till then. X

Thanks all.

Supershiv, that is very helpful, thanks, although mine is still light and red, and I have given up hope.

Supershiv1 Sun 06-Jan-13 19:46:24

Hi Horatia,
I had bright red bleeding last Sunday evening at 11+4.
Called out of hrs gp and advised rest until i could get gp appt mon am.
Still have darker blood on wiping now, but epu scan on Thursday showed all ok.
Hope that helps?

Sickandsad Sat 05-Jan-13 14:26:57

Forgot to say that I bled heavily in the first trimester with both of my DCs. Keep hoping.

Nuttyprofessor Sat 05-Jan-13 14:21:39

You know anything is possible.

I had BFP three days after period due.Three weeks later several days bleeding and large clots. GP says MC. Two weeks later morning sickness, BFP. Go for scan 11 weeks pregnant. DD

Best of luck

Thanks sickandsad.

Sickandsad Sat 05-Jan-13 14:09:10

Hi OP, hope you are OK. I've been in this situation as I have 5 MCs before having my two DCs. Easier said than done, but try and keep positive and remain calm. This could be an implantation bleed after all. Theres not much that EPAU will do other that a scan. If you can I would have a quiet weekend, resting with your feet up and seek advice from EPAU on Monday.

Sending my mist positive thoughts and best wishes

Stupid autocorrect - this morning was strong unexpected BFP!

DC1, mmc@10w(6w), DS2, ttc#3 since August, cycles irregular but 26-29 days, as before DC2.

A period started on 25/11/12. Hit four or five of Fertility Friend's suggested six days that cycle.

BFN 22/12 and 24/12 (CD28 and 30) on internet cheapies. Bleeding started 26/12, cd32/1, assumed missed out this time.

Last night sudden gush of bright red blood -"CD10" - and upset stomach. Nothing overnight; very light spotting this morning.

DH suggests calling NHS Direct, and points out that they will ask about pgy so worth POAS. I do, and get very unexpected BFN.

EPU is office hours only so can't make contact until Monday. But of course I'm upset and confused, and frightened that this time will be as bad as last time.

What do you think? Was the Boxing Day bleed a breakthrough bleed, or the beginning of this loss? Brain suggests implantation failed because too much womb lining had been lost... Am I making any sense or is this just desperation?

TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now