Recurrent miscarriage testing and beyond.. Part 6.. Over here!

(995 Posts)
orangebowl Fri 28-Dec-12 18:55:56

We have filled up the last thread so here is the next.. Deep breath and grit your teeth for the roller coaster of emotions that continues... Hope tea and butterfly and all find it!

orangebowl Fri 05-Apr-13 10:24:37

Thinking of you Lands. X

teaandchocolate Fri 05-Apr-13 10:52:27

Me too Lands. Let us know how you got on xx

LandsN Fri 05-Apr-13 11:19:11

Hi ladies and thank you I am pleased to say this very naughty baby is all ok and the bleed has finally gone we are now 43mm I would say kicking strong but was having a sleep so scan was quite hard to see as no amount of poking and prodding was waking it up lol next scan in 2 weeks which will be 12 +3 we are getting there xx

teaandchocolate Fri 05-Apr-13 12:15:14

Yey!!!! Amazing news! Phew.... smile

GuppieK Fri 05-Apr-13 13:01:36

Oh my God - that's amazing news LandsN :-)
I've got to say, if that had been me I would have completely been expecting the worse. Fantastic the bleed has gone and baby is all good. You must feel so relieved. What a rollercoaster this has been for you so far. x

LandsN Fri 05-Apr-13 15:51:03

Thank you I am I feel like I can relax a little now that has gone I gotta say I cried when she said she can see the heart beat think I was just so relieved x

twentythirteen Fri 05-Apr-13 16:17:49

LandsN grin wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hipe you have a great weekend. I would be exhausted after the week you've had. And if any of us ever get an answer to why so little blood looks like so much we must share it!

Tea yay for your smiley, as you know I swear by multiple testing! Thinking about your cycle length then you'd be hoping for a 32-36 day cycle??? I'm sorry you've been down and glad to hear you're up at the moment.

School yay for your big bump! How do you feel?

Afm, I'm in the crazies of the 2ww. I dreamed last night that I took loads of tests and they were all positive. Of course I tested this am and it was negative, but as I've said, I find it helpful to have a run of negatives before af arrives, it softens the blow. And I'm quite hormonal now and stifled tears on 5 or 6 different occassions at work today. Not about my life, just being moved by other people's stories. And feel emotionally shaky, like those little dogs that are always shivering and yawning - that's me!

orangebowl Fri 05-Apr-13 18:26:58

Lands- amazing! So so happy it was good news! God those scans are soo stressful... Wow you can have a relaxing weekend now! Roll on twelve weeks!

I seem to have developed lower back ache (not complaining promise). Could hardly walk last night - bit better this morning but seems to be coming on again now.. Better not become regular at just 20 weeks, humph.

LandsN Fri 05-Apr-13 19:32:52

Thanks everyone I think I am still in shock keep looking at pictures I was so convinced it had gone wrong I will definitely sleep well tonight!! School I hope your back feels better baby might b on a nerve or something I had that with ds xx

Bakingtins Fri 05-Apr-13 21:27:35

LandsN so pleased to hear your good news smile

butterfly86 Sun 07-Apr-13 11:23:56

Lands that is fantastic news so pleased for you! Not long until your next scan now smile

How is everybody else today? I'm better than I thought I would be, today would be my due date for my 2nd mc and sil is 5 weeks away from giving birth. Can't believe I've had another 2 mc since then I think dates are more significant because I got further along with the first 2 and had a booking app with no 2 so was actually given a edd whereas the 3rd and 4th time didn't get that far so no edd just mc dates. to remember. Don't know what I want to say really just wanted to write down that my little baby would have been due today x

teaandchocolate Sun 07-Apr-13 12:39:39

Hi Butterfly. Just wanted to say hi & send u a little virtual squeeze today. I know how hard these anniversaries are. I'm really glad you are feeling better than you thought.

I can't get over the fact its already April and feeling summery as it means its nearly a whole year since my last mc. My last 2 due dates have well & truly passed and I still find it really hard when I see friends baby's who are the same age as mine would have been & seem so big now. I'm not sure how I'll get over it really. Even if I do have another baby I think it will always hurt as the gap has turned out to be so big. But we all have good days and bad days don't we and just have to keep going. I'm terrible for dwelling on things I can't change though.

I've had an ok week as got a smiley face on my opk (love a positive test of any sort!) and also saw a friend for the 1st time who was due the week I was. Met her baby and told her about what's been going with me over the past 15 months. I was quite apprehensive but she was amazing really and made me feel much better. Was nice just to have a big chat and be honest about everything. She's even bought me some crystals which was sweet. Not sure if its all too woo even for me but I'm willing to try anything!!

orangebowl Sun 07-Apr-13 13:11:40

Hey tea and butterfly.. Hmmm anniversaries -yuk. I have to say that I just stopped working out due dates by the time I got to my 4th miscarriage (good job- that ended at 9.5 weeks). I think I just found it easier to purposefully avoid knowing the dates so ten they couldn't become horrid anniversaries of the future.. Easier said than done though.

Tea- ooh tell us more about the crystals? I'm a bit sciencey really but when it comes to this I would try anything!

I've got my second 20 week scan on Friday for them to check baby's spine so looking forward to that ( and as aleays bit nervous). Not sure if I told you all but my placenta is anterior with this pregnancy which apparently means baby's movements are harder to feel. I do keep thinking I'm feeling movement but its more of a dull feeling than I remember with DS. Not sure if that's because I am remembering movement from later in my pregnancy last time. Am 20+4 today so maybe in a couple of weeks I my feel more movement.

Bakingtins Sun 07-Apr-13 13:18:30

HI Butterfly hope you get through today ok. I have EDD of MC2 coming up (14th) and have had another MC since then. It's crap.

butterfly86 Mon 08-Apr-13 00:15:11

Thank you everyone, they day is over thank goodness. I've been ok but it's been on my mind all day.

Tea sorry you're feeling so crap about things it's so hard, great that you've got a positive opk again that must be a good sign that your cycles are a bit more normal! I've got a little bit of amathyst crystal it's supposed to help with stress &mc like you I'll try anything!

School how exciting you get another cheeky scan I bet it feels surreal that you are over 20 weeks pregnant now! smile

Baking it's crap isn't it everything becomes about dates and wanting to be pregnant again by this date or that date. It's strange that it's 6 months ago but feels like so long ago so much has happened since then.

twentythirteen Mon 08-Apr-13 08:26:56

Butterfly and Bakingtins, sorry about the anniversaries. They are tough.

I've just made my first long distance travel plans since starting ttc under the decision that if I do mc on a holiday I know how to manage it. I know it doesn't sound happy but it feels like a step forward.

Hope you all have good Mondays!

orangebowl Mon 08-Apr-13 12:21:42

Hi everyone. I'm thinking this baby is taking all my goodness as I am I'll yet again hmm

Shivers and fever - so in bed off work today. I was never ill pre this pregnancy- definitely having an effect. I wonder if the heparin injections make me prone to getting poorly more easily?

orangebowl Mon 08-Apr-13 14:27:51

Just spoke to midwife about my temperature and she wants me to go into Hospital to get checked over... Hopefully just a precaution.. Will check in later.

LandsN Mon 08-Apr-13 14:47:40

School hope everything is ok I have got a cold and chest infection at the mo just hoping it goes let is know how u get on big hugs xx

orangebowl Mon 08-Apr-13 15:52:12

Baby's heartbeat fine- just waiting for the doc to check me over now.

GuppieK Mon 08-Apr-13 16:21:02

Twenty, we're planning an overseas holiday for the end of May too. And possibly scuba diving too..! (although going to wait until nearer the time to book that part). I'm a bit nervous about being pregnant or finding out I'm pregnant on the holiday and not being able to start heparin quickly enough, as we're going for 2 weeks. But I think the pessimistic part of me is thinking I'm never going to get pregnant again! On the plus side, the holiday is really motivating me to lose some weight as I'm feeling pretty flabby after the winter, so the healthy eating and exercise can only be good for the conceiving efforts.
On the 2ww at the mo. Should know in 7 days time... I feel pretty impatient and just want to know! Nothing new there then...

teaandchocolate Mon 08-Apr-13 16:36:03

School - poor you! Sound rubbish. Hope you feel better too. Babies are little parasites I think & do take all your nutrients and lower your immunity. Not sure about heparin but hope everything's ok.

We are also going abroad on Saturday! Nothing very exotic but will be nice to get away. And I was also checking out hospitals where we are going just in case I have a nasty mc! As it turns out I'll probably be testing there so will take my progesterone with. Although given up trying to symptom spot as I had convinced myself I was pregnant the last 2 cycles & was obviously just delusional! I think I'm 4 or 5 dpo today so 2ww craziness here too...although I'm still in the feeling hopeful phase.

Out of interest do you all stop caffeine &/or alcohol during ovulation & 2ww? I haven't this cycle and have had a few of glasses of wine (only 1 at a time) & tea every day but now worrying a bit as when I google it keeps saying that caffeine significantly increases mc rate. I just felt so depressed with no tea and no wine!!!

orangebowl Mon 08-Apr-13 16:41:59

Tea I had a massive night out on the wine in the 2ww with this pregnancy as got to the point where I was thinking "humph- I do everything right and it makes no difference anyway!".

Holiday will do you the world of good- a break from the norm is always good. X

teaandchocolate Mon 08-Apr-13 17:00:30

Thanks School. Apparently there's free wifi in the hotel so there won't even be a break from my crazy googling!! But I can't wait for some time away and sunshine!

GuppieK Mon 08-Apr-13 17:25:16

Ah, hope you have a lovely holiday Tea! Bit of sunshine will be so nice... Ditto from me what School said about giving up caffeine and wine for the 2ww. I also have the 'sod it, did that before and didn't do much good' attitude to it. I do only have about two cups of tea a day and a small glass of wine every day or two normally though. With my clotty blood the booze might help any poor potential fetus out a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now