Presumed MMC discovered at 12week scan today. Coping tips please.

(33 Posts)
Quodlibet Mon 24-Dec-12 14:58:13

Our 12 wk scan this morning was heart-breaking. Only a very small yolk/pole/something to be found. I knew when she got the dildocam out it was all over.

Because whatever is there is too small to accurately diagnose as a MMC (although it is, because I am 100% certain of when I conceived and would be 12 weeks today) they have sent me away to come back in a week.

We left the hospital stunned and full of questions. They didn't give us any info about what might happen now or what my options will be in a week if it doesn't begin naturally in the meantime. I have started spotting so I think it might.

To top it off we are en route to Xmas at the in-laws/my parents. We had to get straight in the car after the scan and start driving. So if it does start, which I now realise might be really bad, I will be away from home.

Can someone gently let me know what I am in for please? We are still reeling.

Quodlibet Wed 02-Jan-13 11:10:24

Avignon mine has been extremely minimal. I know it can vary but they (docs) say it's normally no worse than a heavy AF. Mine has been much less.

Bumper sorry things have started for you. I totally agree about the NHS.

avignon Fri 04-Jan-13 10:40:05

Hi

Had my eprc yesterday. The staff etc were all really lovely. I actually started spotting in the morning which was a sort of relief in a way as it confirmed to me I was doing the right thing. Physically I feel ok, minimal bleeding and little ramping but emotionally, that's another thing altogether. Really struggling. Ok one minute, and feeling guilty about feeling ok, and then sobbing the next. How's anyone else getting on?

Quodlibet Fri 04-Jan-13 11:18:19

Hi Avignon, I'm glad your ERPC went well, and that your body let you know it was over first. I have had the same as you - a strange survivors high the day after which made me really chirpy and upbeat, and then yesterday I was reduced to tears because the pressure of leaving the house to make an appointment was unmanageable. And also, to top it off, why were the birds outside still singing? Feeling very flat and it's hard to get anything done.
Don't feel guilty about feeling OK at times (you need to feel OK at times) - be kind to yourself. thanks

Quodlibet Sat 05-Jan-13 16:51:27

So I've had a set-back: thought I was fine, went out yesterday to a work meeting and in the evening to a show we had booked, and ended up spending the night shivering violently and with a temp over 100 - now on ABs for a presumed uterus infection. I feel really stupid for not cancelling the show and going home when I was tired, I feel like I have brought this on myself and now have this shit infection, which is making me feel dreadful. All my positive thinking is gone too and I am now really worried that it will affect my fertility. I feel kicked in the face just as I was starting to get myself together and get back on track. sad

Sorry for the whinge.

SophieBirkBirk Sat 05-Jan-13 20:02:05

Avignon, so sorry about your loss! I had a D&C on 20th December and I havent bled at all since! Nor sure if this is normal, but if tou need anything make sure you go to your Gp. Best of luck for 2013 thanks

avignon Sun 06-Jan-13 10:08:04

Oh my goodness quodlibet, that's absolutely awful. I feel terrible for you. Just about the last thing you need when you are just trying together your life back together. Is an infection really likely to affect your fertility? I'm no expert but I would have thought the body will bounce back from this. Try not to worry about that as well as everything else, just concentrate on getting better.

Thank you Sophie for your sweet message. I have had a bit of bleeding and cramping but nothing too bad. Dreading going back to work on Monday. No- one knows, thank goodness, so will have to make up some story about flu. Just hope I can hold it together emotionally. Feel like Quod, one minute ok, the next can't face leaving the house.

Love and hugs to you both.

SophieBirkBirk Sun 06-Jan-13 15:01:07

Well I'm sending you lots of sticky vibes! Work might help you take your mind off it alittle thanks

avignon Mon 07-Jan-13 11:13:36

And to you Sophie. Lots of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now