What could I send my friend?

(6 Posts)
jkb Mon 03-Dec-12 18:05:51

Hello

I have very recently lost my angel at 19 weeks ( i gave birth on 8th Nov) ....and so totally know what did & didnt work for me in the relms of support.
I must say that the flowers for me were lovely...but very sad... those flowers should have been for when i was home with my lovely baby- they made me feel sad.
I think a card is lovely & i would say to text your friend...every day if you can- it will mean alot( i have a friend who does this to me & it means the world).
I also think to get her a little something would not upset her atal? it certainly would not have upset me?? quite the opposite
& actually she may want to keep what you send her in a memory box for her baby (i have kept everything....its all you have...and most people will WANT to remember their baby and never forget them)
If you go onto ebay & type BABY LOSS - it will bring up lots of things... lovely little bracelets- which they can put babies name on (if you know) these cost around £5 & personally... if a friend done that for me I would be so touched & thrilled.

That child she is going to have to give birth to is her precious baby...a baby she will never forget...it will always be her child & to mark that in some way will mean alot to her.

She is very lucky to have a friend like you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I'm sorry for both of your losses. Thank-you for helping me try to be sensitive toward my precious friend.

MrsJohnDeere Mon 03-Dec-12 11:21:14

The card with some kind words would be the loveliest thing, IMHO. Flowers are a nice thought, to show you're are thinking of them, but those and any other 'things' are just a reminder of everything, something I wouldn't want to look at (had MMC 6 weeks ago).

The best thing is phoning for a chat at regular intervals, particularly after the initial week or so when people start to think you're ok because in the outside you seem to be coping.

I was thinking of decorating a candle for her and packaging it very carefully to post. I just can't believe this is happening sad

Rosduk Mon 03-Dec-12 08:31:42

A week ago I gave birth to my angel baby at 27 weeks. Most gave us a nice card and flowers although to be honest having just a card and a nice message is enough. IMO any other presents will just be a reminder so if you def want to buy something flowers or a candle are perfect.
Thinking of your friend. It'll be a tough few months sad

My friend is waiting to go in and give birth to her angel baby (she's approx 20 weeks). I want to send her something and a card. I've only had early miscarriages so I don't know how she must be feeling. I don't want to be insensitive so please can you help me by suggesting an appropriate type of card and gift. I need to be able to post it and we don't have a lot of money at the moment but she is a special friend so I want her to feel loved. Actually, what I really want is for this to not be happening to her. Life is so unfair sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now