Partial molar and molar pregnancy support thread - all welcome!

(505 Posts)
MrsJohnDeere Wed 28-Nov-12 11:06:13

I thought I would start this thread as a place where anyone who is going this or has gone through this in the past could share experiences, vent about life, etc.

After a MMC at 12 weeks and an ERPC a few weeks ago I've just found out the cause was a partial mole. I've been referred to Charing Cross and am waiting to hear back from them to start the monitoring etc.

I know the chances of cancer developing are about 1/100 but I'm still struggling with the 'OMG I'm going to die' feeling at the moment, plus the grief and stress of the miscarriage itself.

I haven't told anyone in RL, other than dh, even friends who know about the miscarriage. I'm worried abut how they'll react and that I'll end up blubbing.

Purplefrogshoe Thu 28-Nov-13 17:22:32

hi igwilk hope you are recovering well

lgwilk Sun 01-Dec-13 16:38:48

Thanks purple frog. Feel ok it's just the waiting to hear what they that's really hard. I'm sure everyone on here has suffered with this. Xx

NellyOC Sun 01-Dec-13 18:06:27

Hi Igwick hope you're feeling ok. fingers crossed your results don't take too long. My histology took 2 weeks. xx

mistlethrush Sun 01-Dec-13 18:12:00

The hospital that did mine didn't bother to let my Drs or my local hospital know the results angry which meant I spent 3 months going backwards and forwards to the Dr complaining about not being right and they kept on fobbing me off with 'it will sort itself out in time'... So at least that won't happen for you!

Purplefrogshoe Sun 01-Dec-13 20:06:36

yes the wait is really difficult, i hope its not too long igwick mistle thats awful, i wasnt told until 9 weeks later, i had been told it was blighted ovum so a real shock

lgwilk Sun 01-Dec-13 22:01:18

Thanks ladies. Blimey think I will be for the loony bin if it takes anywhere near 9 weeks or 3 months. Hope you're coping with it all nelly xx

NellyOC Mon 02-Dec-13 18:25:19

Igwilk -I'd say keep pestering them for your results. I first called after one week.
I've just put together a calender of all my appointments of blood tests and chemo. Feel better now it's been arranged through gp. However I did too much thus weekend and now I'm bleeding again. so I've spoken to nurse at Charing Cross who's told me off and sent me to bed for rest until it stops.
Also it only dawned on me today that I'm on a treatment week through Christmas! Not the Christmas I'd planned!

NellyOC Mon 02-Dec-13 18:35:00

also Mistlethrush thanks for your reply. I thought I'd done a response but for sone reason it hasn't posted. I do this through the app. smile

mistlethrush Tue 03-Dec-13 10:04:54

If I remember correctly, I was off to the hospital on Christmas Eve and Boxing day... I think that was the month the cycle changed from starting on Monday to starting on Tuesday as they didn't want me to come in on Christmas Day!

NellyOC Thu 05-Dec-13 07:07:39

Same here Christmas Eve and Boxing Day x

mistlethrush Thu 05-Dec-13 07:12:37

its not an ideal Christmas - but you'll get through it and you'l be OK.

lgwilk Fri 06-Dec-13 11:49:42

Hope you're doing ok nelly. Thinking of you.

I spoke to the hospital this morning. Was told I should get results in a week which would have been yesterday. The lady I spoke to said there's no way they will be back in a week it's usually 3 weeks and longer if it goes to London for more tests. Grrr I hate waiting. hmm

NellyOC Fri 06-Dec-13 19:47:21

igwilk I hope they cone back soon. I'd call in another week.

Mistlethrush - quick question how many cycles or months were you on treatment?

Just started on cycle 2 today. Just feel tired and have mouth ulcers.

NellyOC Fri 06-Dec-13 19:49:35

Sorry Mistlethrush I've just read it was 5 months. xx

mistlethrush Fri 06-Dec-13 20:17:38

I had 9 cycles I think - have they offered you mouthwash for your ulcers - if not, see if they've got something that might help

NellyOC Fri 06-Dec-13 21:00:18

thanks. I've got the mouthwashes and eye drops. They've just said for me to take the folinic 24 hours after injections rather than 30 and see if that helps. x

mistlethrush Fri 06-Dec-13 21:18:30

It made me feel very tired.. by the end of the cycle and the next 3 or 4 days I would spend most of the time sleeping - managed to get dragged around the park every other weekend.

Purplefrogshoe Fri 06-Dec-13 23:01:21

igwilk I hope they come back soon, nelly hope you are doing ok

sunshineandflowers1 Fri 06-Dec-13 23:45:10

Hi ladies I came across this thread recently as I have had a suspected molar pregnancy. I had my erpc a week ago today so am in the same position as igwilk awaiting my results. I have drawn a lot of comfort over the past week or so from reading through your experiences, thank you all for sharing as I have found this to be quite a lonely experience to date as very few people understand and it's just too much for me to explain at the moment. Wishing you all well x

Purplefrogshoe Sat 07-Dec-13 22:30:15

Hi sunshine it's a real shock isn't it? Hopefully you will get your results quite quickly. It can be very lonely and quite scary but I found posting here really helped as no one in rl understood, hope you are doing ok

NellyOC Sun 08-Dec-13 14:31:46

Good luck Sunshine. I felt emotional the second week after my erpc. when I was waiting for the results and getting over the pregnancy loss. it's only a month yesterday since my op. Fingers crossed your results won't take long. This thread has been great for me. I've been very confused and lonely as know one really knows what it is. x

Purplefrogshoe Sun 08-Dec-13 23:43:44

How are you doing nelly

mistlethrush Mon 09-Dec-13 14:39:49

Just in case it reassures anyone, I saw my friend who is a pharmacist and she said that I was extremely unlucky with my reaction to the chemo and that it doesn't normally affect people as badly as it did me.

sunshineandflowers1 Mon 09-Dec-13 18:56:27

Thanks ladies it's reassuring to speak to others who understand as you're so right no-one knows what it is (myself included up until 2 weeks ago!). Am trying to put it to the back of my mind for the time being and be patient while waiting for results I think I will chase next Monday if i've not heard by then, luckily i have Christmas plans to occupy myself with and I went back to work today which was a little emotional but I held it together and the day went better than I expected which is positive. Thinking of you and your treatment Nelly I hope it isn't making you feel too awful. X

lgwilk Tue 17-Dec-13 12:49:48

Hi sunshine. Any news your end? Nothing here. Has been over 2 week s now hmm

Hope it's going ok nelly and you managed to celebrate your anniversary xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now