saying goodbye services?

(5 Posts)
MistressIggi Thu 29-Nov-12 23:04:44

I've been to one of the ones you are referring to. No coffin. Different people coming to the front and speaking, or reading a poem, or singing. Some more traditional singing. There were bells passed round the church, you could ring them for your babies if you wanted to, and you could walk up to the front to light a candle. It was very clear this was for any pregnancy or baby loss, at any stage. I thought it was excellent, and have felt better ever since I went.
I think Sands also have services, which would be more for those who had experienced stillbirth and neo-natal death.

stmalo Wed 28-Nov-12 20:45:23

best of luck acsr, and big hugs xxx

acsr1987 Wed 28-Nov-12 11:56:40

its not just for late m/c its for a baby thats lost at any gestational age.
im not sure if i want to go, i think, like you id find it too distracting if there was other ppl there and the thought of the coffin is abit scary! the one in my local area isnt til april so will decide later! thanks for the adivce!

stmalo Wed 28-Nov-12 09:17:06

Hi I went to one for our first it was ok,
It was a service for all late m/c in the last however many months.
It was well done, there was a single white coffin, everyone was offered the chance to stand by it. There was a basket with pebbles, and we were asked to take a pebble as a keepsake.
There was one couple who had brought an army of relatives with them, and they were very, very emotional, I found it difficult to concentrate on the service looking at everyone else.
For me I don't think it helped, but my dh thought it helped him.

acsr1987 Tue 27-Nov-12 21:39:05

has anyone been to them, i just found out about them today and was really interested but didnt know what to expect, if anyone could give me some info id really love that x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now