Marking my due date

(3 Posts)
BadlyWrittenPoem Tue 27-Nov-12 21:24:58

Lighting candles, letting off balloons and planting a tree seem to be quite popular. My first two due dates got a bit swallowed up by my third loss but on my third due date, I marked it by putting my baby's birthday cake as my FB profile picture (my daughter had asked to make one the day after she was born) and I shared a poem wrote with a few friends. I think the important thing is to be able to mark it in some way and to share that with other people.

messtins Tue 27-Nov-12 14:35:12

I'm so sorry you lost your baby. I think marking the EDD is a good idea, it may help make a difficult day pass more gently. I chose to buy a baby related charity gift, I found it helped to think another baby could come into the world safely when I hadn't been able to do that for DD. I know other people have lit a candle, released a balloon or lantern with a message, planted something...
I'm coming up to 3rd anniversary of EDD, with another EDD in April from recent MC sad I did find it all got easier once that milestone was over, hope it's the same for you.

highlove Tue 27-Nov-12 08:04:41

Hi, I sadly miscarried at 8-9 weeks earlier this year, having tsken 18 months to concieve my first. My due date would have been 10 jan. I'd like to do something to mark it in some way but am not sure exactly what to do. I'd be really grateful to hear of other people's experiences. Thanks and so sorry to those who sadly have also been there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now