3rd time lucky for 2012? Terrified I won't be. Tips for coping/avoiding?

(4 Posts)
Geekster Mon 26-Nov-12 17:41:30

Your welcome. It's worth persevering with. We had six miscarriages before we had our daughter in March. So there can be light at the end of the tunnel. Good things do happen. As for staying sane I was a nervous wreck with that pregnancy until after the twenty week scan then just a slight nervous wreck.

Still keeping everything crossed for you.

OxfordToLondoner Mon 26-Nov-12 17:30:53

Thanks geekster. It does.

Geekster Mon 26-Nov-12 10:29:33

Sorry to hear you have been through this. I know where you are coming from. You are already doing everything you can to avoid miscarriage, don't do any heavy lifting or too much bending over either.

As for staying sane that is much harder. Constantly thinking was that a twinge of pain, and going to the loo every five mins to check for blood will be there throughout your pregnancy, you just can't help it. I don't mean that to sound negative just true.

You just need to try and relax as much as you can and think positive thoughts which is also very difficult I know. You can't help but feel the worst is going to happen, I think part of that is trying to prepare yourself to cope if it does.

I know what I have said hasn't been of much help, but on the other side this might well be the one that sticks, just because it has happened before doesn't mean this one wont be fine. I think once you get past the twelve week scan you start to relax more and even more so after the twenty week one.

Sorry if I've not been much help but I am keeping everything crossed for you.

OxfordToLondoner Mon 26-Nov-12 08:50:53

Am pregnant for the 3rd time this year. 1st 2 pregnancies miscarried at about 7 weeks. I'm delighted, but terrified it's going to happen again. Does anyone who's suffered repeat miscarriages have any tips for staying sane, and for what you can do to avoid miscarriages ( other than the obvious booze, fags, caffeine and cheese). Would be much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now