Cycles After ERPC

(7 Posts)
CheckItOutFartShoes Thu 15-Nov-12 09:08:57

Hi, I had an ERPC on 21 September after a MMC at 8 weeks. I expected my cycles to be all over the place post-op but my AF arrived exactly 26 days after the op (my cycles were always 26 days previously). It was totally normal and I thought everything had sorted itself out.

2nd AF was due on Sunday. I've had 3 days of extremely light brown spotting (sorry, TMI!) and it now appears to have stopped. Something I have never had before.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem? I just assumed that with my first AF being normal, this one would be too. Its so frustrating as we are back TTC but I have no idea if this is a proper AF and when to count from. [sigh]

amazingmumof6 Thu 15-Nov-12 11:39:15

I'm sorry about loosing baby, very sad.

they told me it can take 6 months to get AF to return to normal, but the bleeding, cramps and pain were worse than what I normally have for about 7-8 months. I actually had a sort of permanent discomfort/pain in between AFs

I you think you are pregnant you can have an early scan - vaginal, not tummy thing) talk to gp

amazingmumof6 Thu 15-Nov-12 11:39:43

I meant if you think, not I think! smile

CheckItOutFartShoes Thu 15-Nov-12 11:48:58

Thanks amazingmum, I guess I am just a bit disappointed that it looked like everything had returned to normal and I could move on but this month its all over the place.

The idea of being pregnant did cross my mind. I did a test earlier today, even though I know deep down I'm not, and it was negative. No surprises there, I am used to getting big fat negatives!

amazingmumof6 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:14:52

I'm surprised they didn't explain that it can go up and down for the first 6 months!

even if first AF was normal, there are just so many factors influencing it, and it is so different for the individual!
for example I was further ahead (12 weeks) and it was my 5th pregnancy.

the light brown spotting could just be old blood and it wasn't a period.

I know you are probably desperate to get pregnant, but please don't see it as "big fat negatives", but a bit more time for your body to repair itself!

CheckItOutFartShoes Thu 15-Nov-12 13:51:22

Thanks. Totally understand what you are saying but its difficult not to think that way. My positive test back in August came after 4 years of TTC and unfortunately it ended with a MC, so to go back to getting negatives each month again is a bitter pill to swallow but you are right - I have to give myself some time to repair.

amazingmumof6 Thu 15-Nov-12 14:07:18

I'm sorry, of course it's difficult., but you did get pregnant, so there's a big chance it will happen again.

I won't tell you to stop thinking/worrying about it (useless advice!) but a bit of distraction might be helpful - perhaps a new hobby or a dance/excercise class where you have to concentrate on what you are doing so your mind gets a little breather!
I recommend crocheting or knitting, I literally can't think of anything else but counting the stitches, very absorbing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now