Is this normal after ERPC?

(7 Posts)
hypnotisingchickens Fri 23-Nov-12 11:11:28

Just to update - I went back to hospital and it turned out they'd left a bit behind. Had a repeat erpc under local anaesthetic and the offending bit was removed. I bled very lightly on that day and nothing since (2 days later) so hopefully that's now the end of it....

hypnotisingchickens Mon 19-Nov-12 17:16:36

Thanks all for your posts. 17 days down the line I'm still bleeding, albeit not very much, so I've got an appointment back at the hospital tomorrow. I think there might be something in the 'doing too much' thing- it certainly gets heavier when I've run around all day. Fingers crossed all will be well. smile

EdwardtheEagle Mon 19-Nov-12 17:11:35

Chickens, how are you feeling today?

EdwardtheEagle Mon 19-Nov-12 07:32:27

This happened after my mmc/erpc combo - it was after I'd done too much physically. I thought I was all better so did loads of cleaning and it made the bleeding loads worse. Just take it easy for a few more days.

CheckItOutFartShoes Thu 15-Nov-12 09:34:08

Hi Hypnotisingchickens, sorry to hear your news. I had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks back in September and opted for an ERPC. I was quite similar to you - very light bleeding for 2 days directly after the op, then it got heavier for a few days. About 6 or 7 days after the op I passed a sizeable clot and then the bleeding tailed off and stopped within a day or so. I spoke to my Consultant who said this is totally normal and they would only be concerned if I was in pain or had a fever or aches (i.e. signs of an infection). Hope everything returns back to normal for you soon, its such a horrible thing to go through xx

MrsJohnDeere Tue 13-Nov-12 08:48:16

It wouldnt harm to check with the GP, just to be sure. With mine, I had little or no bleeding after 2 days, then had a couple of clots a few days ago (3 weeks after the ERPC).

Sorry that you are going through this. sad

hypnotisingchickens Tue 13-Nov-12 08:42:57

I had a mmc 12 days ago and an erpc on the same day. My baby had died at 9 weeks. I was bleeding quite lightly for a few days, but it really increased on days 4 and 5, with lots of clots passed on day 5 (sorry if TMI!). It then slowed right down again, and I am in no pain, but I am stil bleeding now, 12 days later, although not very much. I did a pregnancy test last night which came up as negative, so that suggests that my levels are back down to normal, but should I still be bleeding or do I need to go to the GP?
Thanks for your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now