Does this sound like a miscarriage?

(2 Posts)
camperjam Sun 11-Nov-12 20:53:31

I am new here and would like some advice please.

I have been off the pill for 12 months now and since then my cycle has always been regular with a 4 day bleed each time.

This month my period was 5 days late and been very heavy with stomach cramps and backache and lasted for 10 days so far.

I did a pregnancy test just before I started my period which was negative.

I am just getting a bit concerned about the length of my period which is only just getting lighter and darker.

Other than back and stomach ache I have been feeling really drained for about 3 weeks.

Not sure what to do now.

Irishmammybread Sun 11-Nov-12 23:13:36

Hi camperjam ,I'm not really sure what's going on but didn't want to read and run!
My early miscarriage at 6 weeks was like a more heavy,painful period than normal with cramping, but had I not had positive pregnancy tests before I probably wouldn't have recognized it as a miscarriage, it was totally unlike my miscarriages at 11 and 12 weeks . My bleeding with the miscarriage at 6 weeks was over within a week. I did feel drained afterwards and had faint and dizzy spells for a while.
Perhaps you should phone your GP tomorrow for advice? 10 days does sound like a long time for a period.
Hope it all resolves soon for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now