is it miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
dafi Sat 10-Nov-12 18:58:01

My period was two weeks late and I felt pregnant even my boobs were milky but i didnt went to GP to check for sure even thu I was taking folic acid. I have had very stressful day at work and got very sharp pain and start bleeding after a while, I had this huge headache and felt dizzy too Could this be a miscarriage?

bonzo77 Sat 10-Nov-12 19:28:03

It could be. More worrying it could be an ectopic. You need to get checked out at a&e. I'm sure everyone's miscarriages are different, but the pain with mine was like period pains and contractions. Sharp stabby pains might suggest an ectopic, which can be very dangerous.

Jollyb Sat 10-Nov-12 19:43:42

Did you do a pregnancy test?

dafi Sat 10-Nov-12 19:50:24

It would be my third child so I thought i do not need a test I was sure, still at work but will have to check this

Jollyb Sat 10-Nov-12 20:05:13

With your history of pain I really do think you need to be seen. If you can get hold of a pregnancy test quickly it would be helpful but if you can't or you feel more unwell you need to go to A&E and be checked over ASAP. I didn't 't have sharp pain with my miscarriages - just bleeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now