Thought it was over, it hadn't even begun!

(13 Posts)

I'm right in the middle of this mc, sorry if anything here is tmi. I've been bleeding now for a month, I would have been about 8 weeks this week. I passed the sac on Monday, and lots of smallish clots, bleeding steadily since like a period. The last day or so I thought "it's gradually calming down" then tonight I'd had some pain which I had put down to something stomache-y, we went to a firework display,
and as I was standing there I suddenly felt a sharp pain like when I passed the sac, and realised this was the mc, not the small amount the other day. Luckily I had nappies with me for my toddler. I've been passing lots of blood and clots the size of mice, about 6 of them in the last couple of hours. Does this sound ok/normal? I'm sure I don't need to see a doctor, I'm not actually in any pain. How long does this stage last for? Would walking around help to pass it all faster or should I just lie down and read and feel sorry for myself :-/

MikeLitoris Sat 03-Nov-12 21:54:24

I'm sorry your going through this.

When I had my mc I always bled loads, big horrible clots too.

I think as long as you aren't in pain and you aren't filling a pad an hour you should be ok.

I would get off to bed with your book and try to rest.

Hope it eases off for you soon.

Thanks. I was a bit freaked out by the size and number of the clots, they just keep on coming, a handful at a time. Surreal. I'm feeling ok, but lonely. Dp doesn't know what to do or say, there's no-one in real life I can talk to much. I've spoken to my sister but I think it's been upsetting for her, so I don't want to say "oh by the way it just got ten times worse than it was last week when I was crying on your shoulder"

Do you think this intense bit should be done by tomorrow? It's pretty horrible.

JackThePumpkinKing Sat 03-Nov-12 23:32:48

I would at least ring NHS direct for advice, I'm not sure if that amount of bleeding is normal as my MCs were both at 6ish weeks, but it sounds like an awful lot.

Definitely rest up though, and I'd day doc tomorrow if it doesn't calm down, if nothing but to put your mind at rest

Nhs direct tend to point everyone in the direction of a&e, I don't feel poorly at all so I don't really want to spend all day in a&e, somehow the bleeding went from "nosebleed" to stopped last night, so I could get some sleep, full of nightmares hmm

Not sure if it'll kick off again this morning, I'm taking it easy and just waiting. I bet it's waiting for me to try to do anything important so it can stop me in my tracks again.

JackThePumpkinKing Sun 04-Nov-12 09:15:11

Agreed, they do seem to do that.

I hope it stops soon

sleeplessinsuburbia Sun 04-Nov-12 09:28:30

Sounds like my experiences. I always take lots of vitamins including iron to help with recovery. It should slow down now.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this.

dixiem20 Sun 04-Nov-12 14:30:01

Sorry to hear you are going through this, that was me exactly 3 weeks ago today. I had a bit of spotting on the thurs & sat then on the sunday I started to bleed like a normal period after an hour the clots started. I could not believe the amount of clots I passed within 2 hours I had to totally change my clothes about 3 times, thankfully I was not in work. I had no pain and I thought there was quite a lot of blood for only being 6 weeks. I bleed the clots for about 24hrs then it just went like a normal period. So hopefully you will be ok today.
However, it didn’t end there for me. I had called the out of hours on the Sunday and they sent me to the gynae ward for a scan, there was no sign of a pregnancy sac and I could not confirm if I had passed it. They checked my HCG over the next few days, it dropped then started to rise again, more scans showed nothing and my HCG continued to rise. They diagnosed me with a pregnancy of unknown location and I am nearly 2 weeks passed my shot of Methotrexate, HCG has come down at last blood test so I will be checked until it reaches 0, still around 700. Such a long drawn out process.
Only I went to the hospital I would not have guessed an ectopic as I assumed it was a miscarriage, which could have went on to rupture my tube.
So just be careful, if you definitely passed the sac then hopefully you will be ok.
I don't want to alarm you but just wanted to share my experience, I too have no one to discuss this with as I just can't bare to discuss it with my friends.
It’s awful that we have to go through this as it’s so lonely this road of TCC..
Hoping you recover soon.

messtins Mon 05-Nov-12 08:04:52

James hope it has settled down and you are feeling physically ok.

Dixie there's a really nice "TTC after MC" thread on the conception board. Don't be lonely - come and join us.

Dixie I'm pretty sure I passed the sac a week ago, it was a white/yellowish thing attached to what I think was a tiny rudimentary placenta.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

This morning I was sending my oh off to work and all of a sudden I felt really dizzy and faint, and like I was going to throw up. I sat down in a chair and just felt horrendous for a few minutes (you know when you get too drunk, that moment before you throw up when everything is overwhelming and you feel like you might pass out?) I went burning hot instantly, went upstairs to use the loo and by the time I got to the top of the stairs I was covered in sweat. Used the loo but afterwards had lots of pain around womb (or intestine) area. I feel ok again now, the pain is in the background but I don't feel faint now just a bit cold and shaky. Called nhs direct, just waiting for them to call back,

Nhs direct said it doesnt sound like an infection but could be due to all the blood loss. (Shrug) I feel ok now, my oh appears to have taken a day off for no reason blush

MrsJohnDeere Mon 05-Nov-12 11:07:15

It does sound like an infection. Can you get to your GP for some anti-biotics (Augmentin)?

Well, I've been ok for the rest of the day, no more dizziness or sickness, but (I've no idea if it's in any way related) I passed the sac a few hours after the dizzy spell. I thought I had last Monday but whatever I passed was much smaller than this, this was slightly bigger and longer than my thumb, like a big fluid filled egg, apparently intact. I felt nothing when I saw it, because I already thought I'd lost it, so it made no difference. But the bleeding has now slowed down, it's much lighter and there's no more grumbling pain so that's what must have been dragging the process out. I just feel relieved now tbh, this has gone on so long I can't wait to get back to normal.

I don't think I have an infection as I feel fine now, but I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now