One year ago today

(6 Posts)
001001 Sat 27-Oct-12 14:50:30

One year ago today I gave birth to my baby girl at 16 weeks. I am pregnant again and very happy but feel so sad today. Nobody else remembers, nor even DH and I am trying not to tell anyone in case it makes them think I am not over it, but I feel like I should mark the day. I have bought a dove decoration for my Christmas tree and will light a candle later. I miss the baby girl she should have been today.

Doshusallie Sat 27-Oct-12 14:54:42

Mention it you your DH.... I would and then you can have a cuddle about it.

Sorry for your loss. Congrats on the pregnancy!!!! [smike]

001001 Sat 27-Oct-12 15:01:40

I am going to remind him when DS has gone to bed. I want to get out the photos and have a good cry, I really think it will make me feel better.

Doshusallie Sat 27-Oct-12 15:04:23

It probably will. You shouldn't have to mark the occasion on your own.

Happy birthday to your sweet girl. Xx

messtins Mon 29-Oct-12 11:49:53

Hope you are doing ok. Why on earth should you be 'over' it? Sure it gets easier with time, but I expect you will always remember and grieve a little for your baby on significant days, and quite right too. I hope your DH was supportive. All the best for your new pregnancy.

birdofthenorth Wed 07-Nov-12 13:08:00

Remembering your little girl. Tell DH, he needs to know you are sad. My DH remembers due dates but not anniversaries of loss, don't hold it against him. Sending a hug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now