Has anyone had an HSG as part of tests for recurrent miscarriage?

(27 Posts)
teaandchocolate Mon 15-Oct-12 17:37:00

Ive just seen a new consultant privately in relation to my 3 mcs and he wants me to have an hsg to check for uterine abnormalities - specifically a heart shaped womb & also adhesions from various procedures.

I'm booked in for Wednesday but am feeling increasingly concerned about it. Firstly theres the cost (nearly £500) and I just don't know if I need it. I've had numerous scans before many when I wasn't pregnant by experienced sonographers so I would have thought that if my uterus was an unusual shape it would have been spotted? I'm concerned about the actual procedure as my cervix is very damaged already from surgery and I don't want to cause any more problems. If they do find adhesions won't more poking and prodding make it worse? Can adhesions even cause mc? Wouldn't they just stop me getting pregnant?

Just wondered whether anyone else who had rmc testing had this procedure carried out routinely? Thanks for reading and sorry this is long just very suspicious of hcp especially when it's private!!

Ostrich78 Fri 26-Oct-12 17:51:21

Hi tea,
That must have been such a relief for you and yes, waiting is bearable compared to being pregnant or trying!!
Hope you get the result you want - never know if it's better they find something or not.
I've had a few tests - not the NK test though - all of which have come back clear and the last pregnancy was tested (a girl) but no problems were found so Im hoping once I get the scar tissue removed all will be well.
X

teaandchocolate Fri 26-Oct-12 21:30:25

I really hope you get good news soon. Keep me updated! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now