Pain after mc.....advice needed please

(6 Posts)
whiterose2011 Fri 05-Oct-12 08:01:31

I had a mc 2 weeks ago and over the last few days have had some abdominal and back pains. I didn't think much of it until this morning when i woke up and my back is pretty sore, right across my lower back. I think I read something that you could experience pain if they haven't got everything out or if you have an infection, but maybe I imagined it. I've also felt a bit sick yesterday and today. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it's just my body righting itself again but part of me feels like something doesn't feel right. I definitely haven't done anything to hurt my back so it's not pain in that sense.

thanks

messtins Fri 05-Oct-12 08:06:39

Sorry you are feeling crap. If you feel something isn't right get back in touch with the EPU or your Gp to get yourself checked out. Did you have a scan to ensure the miscarriage was complete?

whiterose2011 Fri 05-Oct-12 08:23:35

No, they said it isn't standard procedure to re scan. Probably a good idea to give them a call and see what they think. Thanks for your reply. Xx

WhatDreamsMayCome Fri 05-Oct-12 19:21:32

Did the EPU not ask you to come in and give a urine sample to check that your HCG was reducing? They usually keep on asking for this every fortnight until a pregnancy test is negative. I would give them a call.
A month afterwards, I had an odd episode where I felt very unwell, like I was going to faint or throw up and had to lie in bed as it was so bed. I have no idea what it was but I think it coincided with the first ovulation. It could be hormones but speak to someone to check that nothing has been retained. Sorry for your loss.

messtins Fri 05-Oct-12 19:52:43

I'm surprised they are not offering more follow up. Ours booked a rescan and repeat pregnancy tests. When I opted to go to GP for follow up I got letters asking me to confirm I'd got to the point where I had a negative pregnancy test. I'd get back in touch and say you don't feel right.

whiterose2011 Fri 05-Oct-12 20:52:02

It must be different in different areas, which is very frustrating. I've not had any follow up at all.

I called the EPU today and told them how I've been feeling. She said that I didn't have the symptoms of an infection I.e. fever, flu like symptoms, smelly discharge etc but to call back next week if I still feel like this.

It's 2 weeks tomorrow since my mc so I'm going to do a pregnancy test in the morning to see what is says. I did one last weekend and the 2nd line was quite a bit fainter than when I got my bfp. I think I'll also call back next week and mention that others have had HCG tests and see what they say.

As if it isn't enough having to deal with a mc, you get a different service depending on where you live. :-(

Thanks for your comments. I'll keep you posted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now