Missed miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
bex2011 Tue 02-Oct-12 12:06:56

I have also posted this in pregnancy

I went to the epu yesterday following some bleeding. I thought I was around 11 weeks pregnant. The scan showed a foetus of 5 weeks; pregnancy sack, yolk sack and foetal rod. They could also see where the bleed had come from.

According to my dates I would have been breastfeeding when I fell pregnant and have just stopped breastfeeding when I did positive tests. The Dr said that this could lead to dates being wrong and false positives.

I go back in 10 days for a re-scan. Im expecting the worst. Could my body have held onto the embryos etc for 6 weeks without miscarrying? The hospital said that what they saw was positive.

Any thoughts and experiences much appreciated.

purple84 Tue 02-Oct-12 12:18:18

Hopefully all will be ok in 10 days for your re check.

But to answer your question, yes your body can hold onto it, but at 5 weeks it is hard to tell as they can not see heartbeat until 6 wks, which is why u have to wait.

I wish u luck for ur re check xx

cosysocks Wed 03-Oct-12 22:28:48

Good luck at the scan, it's so hard to tell so early if your dates are wrong. The waiting is awful xxx

DistressedMumHELP Sun 07-Oct-12 20:44:11

My body held on to my first mmc for 8 weeks until I had the medical management. Though during my 2nd pregnancy I had a early scan thinking i was about ten weeks, no heartbeat, measuring 5 +5days went back 10 days later on august 8th to see a strong heart beat. unfortunately two weeks later my baby's heart stopped.

I wish you all the best. And if its any help I now have a gorgeous DS

bex2011 Wed 10-Oct-12 03:55:56

Thanks for your responses. I misscarried on Sunday. Bleed very heavily so was in hospital for 2 nights but am now back home and have had lovely cuddles with my ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now