Ectopic pregnancy support thread

(884 Posts)
tasmaniandevilchaser Sun 18-Mar-12 18:15:29

Hi everyone, this is a place for anyone who's had an ectopic pregnancy - whether you want to moan, cry, fret or just have a chat with other people who understand. I know there's lots of other good websites on ectopic pregnancies but after hijackingchatting with sunshine on another thread, I thought I'd start one here.

Well I'll get the ball rolling with my story - after a MMC in November (found out at the 12 wk scan that the baby had died at 10 wks) I was just getting myself sorted, having counselling, when I had the ectopic. I know I am lucky in that I have a lovely DD. Having had a normal pregnancy, I knew from the beginning this one was not good and as soon as I got a BFP I was down at the hospital.

After 10 days of mental torture, waiting around, scans, rescans, blood tests, it got too late for the methotrexate (they finally saw the ectopic in a scan on a Friday early evening and the methotrexate wasn't in stock hmm)

I finally had the surgery to remove one tube on the Tuesday. This was the end of February, at first I wasn't sure how I would cope, but I am just plodding on. I know I am lucky that it didn't rupture, but honestly I can't think of having an ectopic as being lucky. Especially after a MMC sad.

Anyway, come join me if you want to share your story, I have wine, brew and thanks

PunkyBubba Tue 12-May-15 21:32:51

Brilliant news!!! Yes, 6 weeks is still a bit early for a heartbeat, have they given you another scan date?xx

iloveberries Tue 12-May-15 11:16:47

6 week scan showed pregnancy in the right place - relief!

No heartbeat yet but they tell me this is normal.... (??)

PunkyBubba Sat 09-May-15 23:45:04

I know how you feel. I was in bits until my scan, convinced it was another ectopic, crying as I had the same indigestion type pain I had with the ectopic... Thankfully it really was just indigestion that time and I had my rainbow baby (DS2) last October, days before the first anniversary of the emergency surgery that saved my life but took my baby and right tube. I wasn't sick until the 8th week I think...

Sorry it's been a rough few years. I'm glad you are coming through it now though, and will be here on Tuesday if you want to share the scan results.

My DS1 (3 years old) has just been diagnosed as having autism as well as a severe speech and language disorder (can only say a few words and they are mainly unintelligible to anyone but me) so life isn't great to be honest, but I'm surviving.

This board is very quiet now, as you'll see when you catch up on the thread.xxx

iloveberries Sat 09-May-15 07:04:09

I need to go back and read the thread and get up to date with everyone else though.

How are you?

iloveberries Sat 09-May-15 07:03:38

Thanks... I saw people posting and I'm sorry I never chipped into the thread sooner. I had a pretty dark couple of yrs tbh.

Scan is on Tuesday morning.

Obviously I am analysing every twinge, stressing that I don't feel sick etc etc. I'm just desperate to see the little dot in the right place.

PunkyBubba Fri 08-May-15 22:12:07

Hi ilove welcome back! I read the entire thread through when I had my ectopic in 2013, and have always wondered about you and if you were ok. I'm so happy for you, and desperately wishing you a successful scan.xxx

iloveberries Tue 05-May-15 09:57:08

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone is still here but I was on this thread 3 yrs ago when I had an ectopic and tube out. Since then my life was turned upside down when me and H split up.

3 yrs on and I have a lovely new partner and yesterday we found out I am pregnant ��. So excited but also worried about the possibility of another ectopic... Anyway, I guess I will have an early scan sometime in the next few weeks.

After such a rollercoaster 3 yrs to welcome a baby into our new family would just be amazing.

iloveberries Tue 05-May-15 09:54:14

Checking posting

TJ87 Tue 21-Apr-15 23:09:14

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone is still checking this post but thought I would give it a try.

My husband and I have been TTC for about 2 years now, in June 2013 we had a MMC and then fell pregnant again (finally) in February of this year but found out at the beginning of March that it was ectopic.

My question to all of you who have been through this is how long did it take for you to feel 'normal'? Every time I think I am over it I have a really bad day of pain. I am six weeks post methotrexate and was woken by pain during the night last night which has continued all day today with no let up and pain relief is not even taking the edge off. I am so exhausted by it all. Any suggestions for pain relief are very welcome, the hot water bottle helps a little but only when it is scolding and that's probably more distraction than relief.

This is my first post but I just want to say thank you, I have read lots during this difficult time and it is such a help to know you are not alone. Xx

Frixinator Mon 20-Apr-15 21:47:59

Hi. I had an ectopic pregnancy as my first pregnancy in February 2015. This resulted in an emergency surgery just 5 weeks into the pregnancy. I had only known that I was pregnant for a week when I started bleeding (thinking it was a miscarriage). I was booked in for a scan and told that it was ectopic. I asked for the methotrexate but by the time I was due to be administered it the following day, the pregnancy was disturbed depositing 500ml of blood into my pelvis. I ended up losing my left tube. Anyway, turns out I am now pregnant again (a month and a half after the first ordeal). I'm really worried about it and the Early Pregnancy Unit says I have to wait until the 5th May for a scan before they can see anything. I'm feeling very different with this pregnancy- exhausted whereas with the last I was really sore (breast wise) and I am experiencing cramping this time, something I didn't before. I'm terrified of the pregnancy. I feel I have only just dealt with the emotions of losing the first... Don't get me wrong I really want a baby but.... I want it to be healthy and for me not to lose my fertility or my sanity... Am I wrong to be feeling this way?

snappychi Mon 20-Apr-15 19:13:41

I just wanted to say thank you for those updating. I had an ectopic in January and finding it difficult still but these updates are of some comfort

toobreathless Mon 13-Apr-15 22:51:30

Also just popping in to update, I posted on this thread in 2012!

My first pregnancy in 2010 was ectopic and I lost my left tube, I posted in here at the time desperate to hear of ladies who had gone on to. Have successful pregnancies with one tube.

DD1 arrived 2011
DD2 arrived 2013
DC3 is due Oct 2015 (13 weeks along)

There is hope.

And congratulations ryslady

Ryslady Fri 10-Apr-15 08:00:11

Hi I have posted on this thread previously but just wanted to update.

Had ectopic April 2014 and removal of right tube. Was pregnant again 4 weeks later.
I had my beautiful baby girl Alice in January and she is wonderful.

Don't give up hope

Xxxx

chim3 Wed 08-Apr-15 15:19:13

Hi, am happy reading some of the messages here. It gives hope. I had a miscarriage i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ May 2014, a D & C was done †☹ remove it. I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ October 2014 I realise I was pregnant only for ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ †☹ know after 7weeks ƭћªt it was an ectopic. It ruptured S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ an emergency surgery was done †☹ remove the right tube. The doctor said I should wait for six months b4 we start trying. But the problem Ȋ̝̊̅§ that am still having mild pains four months after the surgery. What can I do, or will the pain be there?

chim3 Wed 08-Apr-15 15:18:38

Hi, am happy reading some of the messages here. It gives hope. I had a miscarriage i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ May 2014, a D & C was done †☹ remove it. I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ October 2014 I realise I was pregnant only for ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ †☹ know after 7weeks ƭћªt it was an ectopic. It ruptured S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ an emergency surgery was done †☹ remove the right tube. The doctor said I should wait for six months b4 we start trying. But the problem Ȋ̝̊̅§ that am still having mild pains four months after the surgery. What can I do, or will the pain be there?

TerrysNo3 Thu 05-Feb-15 11:36:41

Glad to hear that *Cinnamon", take care of yourself anyway and good luck for if/when you decide to TTC again.

Cinnamon84 Thu 05-Feb-15 10:02:54

Hi Terrys, thanks so much for getting back to me... Was having a bit of a meltdown yesterday waiting for results and didn't know where to post.
Doctor called first thing this morning and said hcg levels have dropped massively so it's not looking like ectopic thankfully. I don't know why she put that thought in my head in the first place when it was ruled out 3 weeks ago.

Thank you for your reply, don't know what I would do without mumsnet xx

TerrysNo3 Wed 04-Feb-15 23:20:09

hi cinnamon I'm really sorry but I have nothing to advise you on but I didn't want your post to go unanswered. Please do take care of yourself and come on here and I'm sure someone can help.

I'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed. thanks

Cinnamon84 Wed 04-Feb-15 09:47:47

Hi everyone, sorry to hear your stories. I went through a miscarriage last week. Doctors are a bit confused as I didn't seem to bleed a huge amount (I'm not sure how much as I was wearing thick pads which might have absorbed a lot and I didn't really understand how much to expect.) I passed something on Friday, which was like solid tissue but when I went for my scan on Monday the doctors saw an area of liquid (possibly blood) that looks like it has leaked out from somewhere, and also hcg levels are high, which concerns the dr. Just been for my second blood test and waiting for the results to come back tomorrow. I'm not really sure why I am posting this message but just processing information I guess. I did do some yoga on the day of passing the tissue, and did lots of upside down poses, shoulder stands etc, which might explain why blood has moved around. I've been feeling not right around my digestive system for about 3 weeks now, before any of the bleeding or spotting starting, and my stomach still feels tender and when I sit down it feels like I need to poo even though I don't. I'm just petrified that more than 1 egg was fertilised and that I've passed one but there's another stuck around my bowels or somewhere.
Sorry for essay/mind dump... Just having a hard time dealing with all of this and waiting for results.
Any support/ positive stories would be much appreciated xxxx

Lovemylittlebear Fri 30-Jan-15 17:54:30

Wow fantastic news terrysno3 smile Let us know how you get on and very best of luck, fingers crossed for you xxx

TerrysNo3 Tue 06-Jan-15 22:19:02

Hi all, just want to post a message of hope. almost 6 months after my ectopic in July (left tube removed) I have just got a Bfp!! Obviously it's really early days and who knows what might happen but I just wanted to share that I CAN get pregnant with one tube!!! grin

Llexy Tue 30-Dec-14 17:39:28

Hi there was wondering if anyone has some advice for me feel like I'm going insane, had a miscarriage of twins in October 2009 then a ectopic of twins one was in my tube the other in my uterus that had stopped growing in march 2014 loosing my right tube, found out I was pregnant 2 wks ago had scans an bloods got told 4 days later to expect miscarriage next day I started bleeding but nothing to heavy bled for 3 days and just had brown spotting since the past 3 days I have been having all the symptoms of ectopic again foned epas went bak over they done a test and it was negative is it possible to still have a ectopic with a negative test ? I just have that same gut feeling that I did last time that I never paid attention to which resulted in me losing my tube the last thing I want is to loose my other tube the hospital have assured me it's not ectopic due to the negative test but I'm really not convinced would just like to no if anyone has or knows of someone that this has happened to x

drmalpani Sun 28-Dec-14 19:49:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Caitmous Mon 22-Dec-14 00:13:14

Bumping for BlueSkyGirl thanks

jodiburak Sun 30-Nov-14 02:36:09

thank you terryNo3 the link worked.
and thank you Lovemylittlebear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now