Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

anyone else having problems getting Elleste duet 1mg?

(3 Posts)
dsmama Wed 23-Nov-16 14:36:18

Hello,
I was given my first prescription for HRT (Elleste duet 1mg) on November the 9th, but there are 'problems with the manufacturer' according to the chemist and they can't order it in. The doctor asked me to ask the chemist what equivalents were available, but with messages going backwards and forwards and a part-time doctor, I still don't have anything to try.
Is anyone else having problems picking up their prescription? Has anyone else discovered what a good alternative would be?
Many thanks in advance.

PollyPerky Wed 23-Nov-16 15:15:22

There are lots of options all containing the same 2 hormones in the same dose.

see here.www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

But you could also phone around- just because 1 pharmacy is out of stock it doesn't mean they all are.

dsmama Wed 23-Nov-16 16:25:23

Thanks PollyPerky. Yes, I tried two different chains of chemists, no luck at either. I think I have to ask the doctor to talk to the chemist herself rather than be stuck in the middle ferrying messages around, given that they are the ones who know what they are talking about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now