Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Which patches are the cool kids wearing these days?

(5 Posts)
FannyWisdom Sun 20-Nov-16 19:59:53

I need to stop letting my GP guess when they only work 2 days a week.

It's taking me two months average each time I need an appointment.

I've had mirena, peri is still knocking me flat each month.

My peri symptoms are.....

Night sweats migraines-flashing stomach migraines cramps achey joints pelvic pain SPD/GPD as though I'm 40 weeks crippling period pain..

Y know the good ones hmm is there a soopertasticle new patch yet to cure me and ideally restore some of my youth?

Or still horse piss premarin?

Tyotoc!

PollyPerky Sun 20-Nov-16 22:12:43

cool kids ? shock

All HRT in the UK is made from plants except Premarin and Prempak that are CEE (horse pee.)

FannyWisdom Mon 21-Nov-16 05:56:44

Thanks Polly I was hoping you would answer!

I didn't want to waste eight months between appointments and seeing how I go just to find there are newer, more effective, hrt and I've been tried on a cheaper version.

I've tried reading various bits but God I'm confused hmm at this point I'm quite happy to stand under a urinating mare if it gives me a bit of respite.

Is the plant based as effective?
Does it have the same benefits to my bones?
If it wasn't for your tips Pol I would still be crying in my coffee shoveling Agnus Castus and Starflower oil....I wish you were my GP.

PollyPerky Mon 21-Nov-16 11:31:47

I don't recommend the peeing horse...

instead get yourself to the GP and ask for patches- some people swear by Estrodot - in various strengths.

Plant based HRT is the dogs bollocks. It's the same molecular structure as our own so yes, it works.

Yes, it works on bones.

Have a read of this link www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

Transdermal are patches and tablets are ,well, tablets.

You can use a patch with just oestrogen but then you will need progestogens separately for 12 days a month, or use a patch that has both in for the 2nd half of the month.

Have a read- you'll get there!

FannyWisdom Mon 21-Nov-16 16:06:46

You are a star, thank you flowers
I can't even sit through an hour skype with fellow scruffy Co workers without doing a morph from bland admin to Jackie Stallone.
I don't even wear make up its my puffy sweats.

I'm asking for Estrodot (I'll save the horses for last resort..) no chit chatty. I might even print off any contra indications just incase it's a locum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now