Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Soooo tired!

(4 Posts)
Ollycat Fri 21-Oct-16 22:46:11

I guess I'm menopausal / peri.

I'm 50 - up till 3 or so years ago my cycle was very very regular. 3 or so years of irregular periods with bleeding more like heavy spotting then another period. Last period mid August.

I'm getting what I guess are hot flushes - more like clammy flushes - you know that horrible feeling?

Nights are a nightmare!! Get off to sleep just fine then spend most of the night too hot / too cold. Also often awake at 3 / 4 o'clock for a couple of hours. Sleep much better if dh away.

I also feel a bit irrational and forget things - not quite on my game.

Not spoken to anyone irl as just feel a bit sad and pathetic about it sad

Is there anything I can take? Is HRT worth looking at or do I need to have not had a period for a certain amount of time?

Tbh feel a bit sad and crap about it all and could do with a bit of a hug.

Ollycat Fri 21-Oct-16 22:58:37

Also - sorry - I have had a mirena in the past and absolutely hated it - can I get HRT without having to have a mirena?

maresedotes Tue 25-Oct-16 21:51:23

I recently went to the doctor as I am struggling with tiredness (cannot get going in the mornings, wake up feeling knackered) and experiencing low moods. She was really good (listened to me) and told me to come back in a couple if weeks once I'd read up on HRT (she recommended menopause.matters.co.uk) to discuss further. So, I would say go and see your gp. Sorry you feel 'sad and pathetic' - I know that feeling!

Ollycat Sat 29-Oct-16 21:11:38

Thank you.

I think I'm going to go and have a chat with gp about HRT.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now