Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Elleste duet 2mg

(5 Posts)
Flo075 Mon 19-Sep-16 08:36:33

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me on here.

I'm 41 and was finally diagnosed just over a month ago of going through the menopause (even though my ex husband said it 3-4 years ago).
The doctor has prescribed Elleste duet 2mg, the night sweats stopped and I actually started to feel like myself again (a long time coming) but now I feel like utter cr*p again! Low, moody, grumpy and to top it all off I've been getting some very painfully headaches/migraines.
Are the headaches to do with Elleste??
I don't really understand any of this or what I'm to expect confused sad

PollyPerky Mon 19-Sep-16 15:24:53

Are you onto the 2nd types of tablets? They are the progestogens so they can make some women feel PMS-y. This is quite 'normal' although there are different tablets with different progestogens. I've heard some women speak highly of Femoston. If you are having a premature /early menopause, your GP could refer you to a gynae. One option under a consultant is long cycle HRT which means the progestogens are only taken once every 3 months. Possible for you?

Flo075 Mon 19-Sep-16 15:42:09

I've started back on the Orange 1's about 4 days ago but they are taking awhile to kick in. I've got so much going on in my life I have serious trouble coping when I'm like this.
Are you saying that it could be the progestogens that's causing the problem, as I've never really got my head round all it that confused
Would a GP refer me to a gynae?

PollyPerky Mon 19-Sep-16 19:30:06

I'm not familiar with the colour of the tablets- never taken them- I use gel.

The leaflet inside the pack- or info online- will tell you what is in them, as well as your dr.

Yes, the progestogens can cause PMS because the pack mimics a cycle- which is why there are the two hormones in a cyclical dose.

Yes, your GP can refer you to a gynae.

Flo075 Mon 19-Sep-16 21:55:39

Thank you

I've been back to the doctors today and he wants me to carry on with Elleste. He kept going on about my bleed which I told him I'm fine with its just the low mood and headaches.

The 2nd lot of tablets are the progestogen ones so I'm taking a guess they are the ones mimicking the PMS.

I guess I will have to keep going and see how it goes hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now