Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Hot Flushes.

(4 Posts)
Buzzardbird Fri 26-Aug-16 18:25:27

I know that hot flushes are 'normal' but everyone on here seems to mention only getting them hourly or at night.
I am having them every 10 minutes or so.
Is HRT the only answer? I am worried about weight gain as I really struggle with weight as quite inactive due to pain.

pinkieandperkie Fri 26-Aug-16 20:21:09

Oh yes all day everyday for me too. For the last few weeks I have really cut down on carbs and sugar and things have definitely improved for me. I am still getting them but only four or so during the day and am sleeping better as I am not constantly hot and sweating. I am sorry that you are suffering.

Buzzardbird Fri 26-Aug-16 22:56:05

Thank you for the reply. I don't normally eat carbs and have been these past few weeks for convenience, so it probably isn't helping.

Hopefully will be better then if I knock bread etc on the head again.

CotswoldStrife Fri 26-Aug-16 22:58:02

I'd say I get far more during the day than the night! Cut down on carbs, you say? I do get a lot, I should probably keep a diary or something - not interested in HRT at the moment but they are getting worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now