Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Hip pain, is this normal??

(4 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Thu 28-Jul-16 20:10:34

I've not had a period now for 5 months, am 51, had a few hot flushes and more frequent migraines, all normal symptoms. But had v sore hips the last few weeks, could this be related? I have back pain anyway, so may not be but wondered if other pp had had joint pain and if so, have you been taking any oils, fish, hemp etc and has that helped?

BITCAT Thu 28-Jul-16 23:52:56

I've had xrays on mine. I'm having bloods done as I'm 39 but I've got all the signs of onset menopause and my grandma was my age when hers started. I'm not sure if the 2 are related but I would definately mention it to your gp. My xrays revealed inflamation in my hip joints and currently having physio to try strengthen the muscles.

MagzFarquarson Fri 29-Jul-16 00:21:38

Another one here. Felt like I suddendly went from peri to full blown meno about 6 months ago. Resisted HRT till 6 weeks ago for mood swings, hot flushes, hair thinning. Coincidentally or not pain in right hip started at the same time. Had xrays and found not arthritis, so been on anti-inflammatories while waiting for musculo-skeletal referral.

Friend recommended gloucosamine sulphate with chondroitin (sp). Been taking for 6 weeks, but overlapping with a-i meds so don't really know if they worked.

Have finished course of a-i's now and pain is back to how it was before, so maybe the supplements don't work for me, but they may for you, as they do for her.

pinkieandperkie Fri 29-Jul-16 11:26:36

Yes, the last time I had to see the nurse at the gp surgery she told me that it was the hip pains that made her decide to go on Hrt. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now