Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Menopausal at 29 with 2 children

(6 Posts)
Natassjachadwick Mon 11-Jul-16 15:52:06

Help!!!!!!

I am desperate for advice, help or to be directed towards help!

I had a bilateral salpingo oopherectomy (my ovaries and tubes removed!) due to endometriosis in February this year. I have my womb and I am now menopausal. I am also a stay at home mum to a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I haven't got my symptoms under control yet and I am struggling day to day with balancing the symptoms and coping with two young children! I just want to know I'm not alone and talk but I can't find anyone in the same boat as me. Help!!! Xxx

Cherylene Mon 11-Jul-16 15:59:13

Ahh you poor thing. I am and overthehill 50odd year old, I'm afraid.

I had a friend who was in your position at 35. Are you getting any hrt?

Have you tried the endometriosis people? www.endometriosis-uk.org/get-support. They have a helpline, so may be able to put you in touch with someone.

FWIW, my friend said it was the best thing that ever happened to her after years of pain and passing out (and an op that removed the endometriosis that was supposed to last until meno - lasted a year).

PollyPerky Mon 11-Jul-16 16:53:16

Contact the Daisy Network- a charity for women who have early menopause either naturally or through surgery. www.daisynetwork.org.uk

Natassjachadwick Mon 11-Jul-16 17:24:23

Thanks ladies! I am on hrt as I have to be to protect my womb. Is compulsory! But struggling to find the right fit xxx

weebarra Mon 11-Jul-16 17:29:17

Hi, I am 38 and had the same operation as you two years ago - mine was because I had breast cancer and was found to have a gene which raised my risk of ovarian cancer. My kids are 8, 5 and 2. I can't take HRT because of the breast cancer but am on a variety of other drugs to try to reduce the side effects of menopause. It's not pleasant!

Natassjachadwick Mon 11-Jul-16 17:59:36

I'm sorry to hear that! I am finding that groups or info are focused towards to treatment of cancer and I assumed that you would get support after treatment with that? Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now