Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
Helen1966 Sat 09-Jul-16 20:54:15

I'm 49 and beleive I am in perimenopause. Periods have got heavier over the last two years, i take tranexamic cid to help with this, and it has helped a bit,

My cycle was usually 26/27 days, but the last year it has been anything from 22 to 30 days.

Currently i am waiting for my period to start and am on day 39 with no sign of it at all.

I was sterilised back in 2008.

My husband shocked me today when he said maybe i should do a pregnancy test! I hadn't even thought of this!

Should I do one?

Blacksheep78 Sat 09-Jul-16 21:02:41

I'm the same age, and going through similar problems. I've been told that it's very very unlikely that I would get pregnant, but it can happen. (I was in a panic because it had been 3 months since my last period, but they came back in a big way!!)

It won't hurt to take a test, but I'm not sure if the hormones in your meds would perhaps give a false reading? Maybe see your GP.

This isn't a fun time is it?

wine chocolate

Helen1966 Fri 15-Jul-16 22:28:51

Eventually came on on day 43 !
Was literally about to buy a test!
Phew!
Really am not enjoying this peri menopause

PollyPerky Sat 16-Jul-16 08:37:38

You may as well give up counting days in your cycle tbh! During peri you might go 17 days as a cycle (my experience a few times) to 4 months (ditto.)

Expect a run of normal cycles then really short or really long ones and it ay carry on like this up to age 54 or stop in a year or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now