Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Is anyone taking methotrexate and on HRT?

(2 Posts)
Snowbell Thu 09-Jun-16 19:32:32

I've just turned 55 and have started getting hot flushes that leave me drenched in sweat. Periods now erratic and sometimes abbatoir-style. I have made an appointment with GP and may need some ammo. I have to take methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis. The gp said a few years ago that I wouldn't be able to take HRT because of the metho. Does anyone know if this is correct? I didn't question it at the time because I didn't need it then.

PollyPerky Thu 09-Jun-16 21:07:35

I don't know but you should be able to google the drug and see the contraindications for other drug use. Or phone a friendly pharmacist and ask them.
It's highly unlikely you can't use HRT as most HRT now is bioidentical= the same molecular formula as our own- so I can't see any reason why any drug would prevent use of HRT unless it possibly increases risks of clotting in which case you'd get round that by using transdermal HRT ( patches or gel) not pills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now