Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Has anyone taken Livial?

(4 Posts)
FormerlyKnownasFK Fri 13-May-16 20:17:36

I'm currently waiting for hysterectomy and into month 4 of prostrap injections. I started livial 4 days ago and I do feel a little better mood-wise but still flushing with abandon. Just wondering how long it might take to cool down a bit?!

madaxewoman Sun 29-May-16 22:35:16

I have been taking Livial for 6 years. I started taking Premarin the day after a radical hysterectomy for cervical cancer, but switched to Livial (Tibolone) because I lost all sexual desire. It is more expensive than most HRTs, and some doctors won't prescribe it. It does contain testosterone, which can cause some side effects. I THINK it is causing excess facial hair, and brown age spots on my face. I am also concerned that it is stopping me losing weight. Going to the doctor on Tuesday to discuss!

madaxewoman Sun 29-May-16 22:36:28

Meant to add... Can't help with flushes etc because I never had any!

Rhino15 Mon 30-May-16 07:07:53

I loved Livial (Tiberlone) very quickly, felt so my old self full of energy and happy - but it made me bleed very heavily and was suggested there was a risk of it thickening my lining - so after hysteroscopy to be sure there was no other cause now onto a new type Femoston Conti - but nowhere near the same great feeling yet (2 months in). You should not have the lining problem as you are to have the hysterectomy. ope you love it as much as I did - can claim it back on private health here in Austsmile
Kindly,
Loui

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now