Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Hot flush frequency varying

(5 Posts)
AnnieNoMouse Fri 13-May-16 14:40:08

When I am at work I seem to have more hot flushes than when I am at home, or doing other activities. Has anyone else had this, or know why frequency should be different. Work environment is not especially warm compared to elsewhere, but I am sitting at my desk all day so perhaps just more aware of changes to my body (although they are not exactly subtle - twice I've gone to the loos and removed my dress for a few mins to cool off!)

WaterWorld Fri 13-May-16 14:44:16

I have found that at stressful moments my hot flushes are more likely to happen. Just wondering if you have a stressful or frustrating job?

AnnieNoMouse Fri 13-May-16 16:58:32

Not stressful no Water, but can be a little dull at times which I think is perhaps why I notice more what my body is doing when I'm there. There is another aspect to my job which I do less often and is stressful, and I notice/have flushes a lot less on those occasions.

PollyPerky Fri 13-May-16 17:32:32

It's more likely that the act of moving around compared to sitting down is a factor. Flushes are called 'vaso motor' symptoms and linked to blood pressure and circulation.

FormerlyKnownasFK Fri 13-May-16 19:50:43

Are you drinking hot drinks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now