Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Femoston conti 1mg/5mg

(5 Posts)
Fluffpuff Wed 20-Apr-16 16:06:09

I've been taking femoston conti for about 6 months as I was experiencing feeling very hot at night and intermittently during the day ( no sweating though). I also had vaginal dryness which I had never experienced before and a loss of libido. I was also prescribed a vagifem pessary for the dryness to be used once or twice a week. All the above symptoms have improved but I do seem to get abnormally tired and wondered if it's the Femoston conti causing it? Anyone experiencing the same thing. Also when I first stared taking it my skin was very itchy and prickly but took an anti histamine for a few weeks which seemed to stop it.

PollyPerky Wed 20-Apr-16 17:24:16

The conti types of HRT all contain oestrogen and progestogen. Many of us find that the progestogen causes side effects - can be similar to PMT- and it's one reason that women change HRT (to find one which suits them better.) The progestogen that is in femoston is supposedly one of the 'best' but it's all very individual. You can see all the ingredients in combined HRT on the www.menopausmatters.co.uk website under the menu Treatments/ HRT/ Post menopause.

You don't have to use conti HRT if you are post meno. Many of us still use sequential which does mean there is a bleed, but the upside is you avoid the side effects of daily progestogen.

samjayne48 Thu 19-May-16 10:00:06

Hi ladies today is my first day of my period and im supposed to take my first femoston . After reading all the reviews im scared to take it now not many good stories on here . Im at the start of the menopause and cant make my mind up to take these tablets has anyone got any positive feedback about these tabs there the 1/10 white n grey ones . I mean im not suffering with the menopause just a bit agitated thankyou girls all feedback would be welcome sam x

PollyPerky Thu 19-May-16 10:04:38

Not sure what you mean by the reviews being bad? Femoston is supposed to be a well tolerated type of HRT? What have you read? Don't forget that people tend to post when things aren't going well- there are loads of women on HRT who are getting on with life and feeling great!

whatevva Thu 19-May-16 12:46:25

Hi - I took that for over a year and it was fine. On 2/10 now.

Eat well, exercise well, look after yourself and you will be fine. Give it the full 3 months to try it out. As time goes on, you will settle more.

It is a good time to take stock of your general health and diet etc and the femeston can add to that and give you a bit of consistency as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now