Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

No withdrawal bleed - yay or boo?

(2 Posts)
OneMoreForExtra Wed 23-Mar-16 19:19:52

Help me, wise ones. I'm coming up to a year HRT. The first 3 months were ticketyboo, then I missed my withdrawal bleed for 3 in a row. My GP said my residual ovarian function might have declined and switched me to a stronger pill, which restored the bleed (to the 3rd week in the month, weirdly) for 2 months, but for the last 2 there's been no sign. Not sure whether I should celebrate unsmudged knickers or pursue an explanation. Anything to worry about here?

PollyPerky Wed 23-Mar-16 19:50:02

Evidently some women on sequential HRT do not have withdrawal bleeds. When I see my consultant every 6 months he always asks if I am bleeding and says not all women do.

Why would your GP give you more oestrogen to promote a bleed?

It's quite possible that the combo of oestrogen and progestogens are keeping the lining thin and a bleed isn't going to happen. I'd not worry as long as you feel well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now