Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

When do you use Estradiol ? Morning or night or both?

(4 Posts)
EamonnHolmesisaPratt2 Mon 11-Jan-16 10:28:46

I was prescribed this by a private doctor and she said use morning and night which I have done with success. My GP is now asking why I don't just use it once a day in the morning? Just wondering what advice other have been given ? Thanks

PollyPerky Mon 11-Jan-16 11:22:23

what do you mean by estrodiol?

Estrodiol is the actual ingredient- what is the brand name of the product ? (makes a difference)

PollyPerky Mon 11-Jan-16 15:10:56

Do you mean Oestrogel ?

TBh it's up to you.

The instructions say apply once a day. But other people - some advised by consultants such as Prof Studd- split the dose into morning and evening.

There is no right and wrong- it's what gives you the best results.

The benefits of applying morning and evening / bedtime are that you will have a more constant level and avoid any of the possible side effects with one higher application.

It also depends what dose you use. If you use only 1 pump then it's almost impossible to apply half of that (twice a day.)

If you apply 2 pumps then that's one morning and one at bedtime.

If you apply 3 pumps then it's two for the morning and one for the evening (or vice versa).

Personally, I don't think a GP should contradict a consultant who prescribed the product unless they have a very good reason!

EamonnHolmesisaPratt2 Tue 12-Jan-16 20:37:28

Yes sorry I did mean Oestrogel.....thanks for your input. That is the impression i was under and she was quite specific about trying to be regular regards timing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now