Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Only 39 !

(4 Posts)
callmedizzy Sat 02-Jan-16 08:49:03

Just missed my period my last one was 9/11 nothing since just a little spotting, I do struggle with sleep have done more so recently but nothing terrible - I used to get night sweats for a couple of nights before my due date but nothing more than the occasional warm moment which could be to do with the weather and my heating - I have 3 children and am relatively healthy overall. I seem to remember my mum saying her periods just suddenly stopped but I don't think she was this young - I have dr on Monday but just feel a little apprehensive about it all these things that could now happen to my body I was not expecting so soon 😟

pizzaeatingmonkey Sat 02-Jan-16 10:35:24

I was 39 when I stated the menopause, looking back it was great to 'get it out of the way'!

PollyPerky Sat 02-Jan-16 12:13:25

Can I suggest you take a look at the Daisy Network site before you see your GP_ will give you some ideas.

Daisy network

Meno at 39 is called Premature Ovarian Failure.

The recommended treatment is HRT otherwise you are at a higher risk of osteoporosis and heart disease in your 50s and onwards.

pizzaeatingmonkey Sat 02-Jan-16 18:30:16

I am not a failure I'm a free monkey!
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now