Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Rash

(5 Posts)
SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 25-Jun-15 17:15:25

I have this horrible itchy rash. Maybe prickly heat. Maybe not, as half my body meets the prickly heat type spots criteria, but bottom half and arms are more like some kind of dermatitis. Doctor just gave me steroid cream, which frankly, isn't helping much and I don't really want to use it all over my body unless absolutely necessary. Is it possible in anyone's experience that it, or some of it is meno related? I have tried the cool showers, and calomine lotion, but could stratch myself to bits (TMI) Also, round my hip area, the skin is kind of burning, with the odd sharp pain. Any advice please? TIA

Eliottsmam Tue 30-Jun-15 16:30:42

Hi, SpongeBobJudgeyPants. I hope your itching and rash is under control by now.

I had burning and sharp pains when I had shingles, years ago. Trouble is many rashes look quite similar, so it's often hard to tell one from another.

If you're still not getting any relief with the cream, I'd go back to the doctor.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 30-Jun-15 16:55:40

Thanks Elliotsmam. I have got some tablets now, which has improved things a bit, also I posted in General Health too, and got some more replies. Will be back at the doc soon, for something else, so will check about the shingles. Would they be resistant to medication do you know?

Eliottsmam Tue 30-Jun-15 19:01:09

Glad things are improving and that you got more replies on the general health section.

Not sure about them being resistant to medication, just remember the itching and pain.. nightmare. As you are going back to the doc soon, hopefully you'll soon be itch free.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 30-Jun-15 20:29:55

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now