Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Does this sound like the start of it?

(3 Posts)
kalidanger Sat 24-Aug-13 12:53:45

I'm 39. I'm quite stressed at the moment but I've been more stressed and it's never affected my cycle before

Nine days late, not pregnant. Have been feeling very hot when I wake up. And my hair is awful, which it used to be when I was on hormone treatment a few years ago.

sad

AuntieStella Sat 24-Aug-13 13:01:18

It could be. It's very early, but it can happen.

But I note you've said you had hormone treatment before. It might be worth a trip to the GP to see if there is anything else going on. There are blood tests which can indicate menopausal changes, but you have to think of them as like an MOT - valid at time of test, not necessarily permanent description.

kalidanger Sat 24-Aug-13 13:07:31

The hormone stuff was linked to fibroids and trying to lessen the amount of blood, then I had a myomectomy (sp) and was utterly delighted to be back to a couple of days of 'ordinary' amounts, and (lucky me) regular as clockwork.

I didn't know there was a blood test - that's great news, thank you. Trip to the GP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now