Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Elleste SOLO 1mg

(4 Posts)
Snatz Thu 28-Mar-13 19:09:23

Hi, I've been reading all the threads about Elleste Duet etc but can't find any details of experiences anyone has had taking Elleste Solo 1 mg tablets. I'm 46 years old (sadly never had children), my periods stopped suddenly one year ago and my blood test results today have confirmed that I'm at the peri-menopausal stage. My mood swings have been a little up and down, quite tearful coming to terms that I'll never have children, at night time I constantly wake up really thirsty and hot but more importantly my sexual libido is dead. It's just so horrible when you don't know what the hell is happening to your body. My doctor has advised me to try a three month course of Elleste Solo 1mg but I wanted to find out how anyone else has found these tablets. Any side affects? Positive/negative comments welcomed. Thank you

Bellaciao Wed 03-Apr-13 15:52:27

Sorry I can't help with the Elleste Solo but just wondered why you have been prescribed these? I presume you have a Mirena coil for the progesterone as you will need some sort of progestogen to protect the womb lining from over stimulation with oestrogen. Hope you don't mind my mentioning this but I know some GPs give the wrong type of HRT.

Also I have never taken HRT tablets and have always used patches which for me give a consistent dose of oestrogen directly into the bloodstream without having to go through the liver.

Snatz Wed 03-Apr-13 21:40:50

Thanks for the tip. The Doctor just said that this was the best product for me and in answer to your question,'no' I don't have a coil fitted. I'm now mystified why I was prescribed this treatment and will take your advice and find out why I wasn't given patches instead. I have, however, been using Serenity cream as I understand this is supposed to be quite good, although it's mainly proestrogen and am going down the route of trying to steer clear of HRT and am taking Vitamin E tablets and night flash tablets from Holland & Barrett. So far, so good but we'll wait and see. Thanks again for the advice

VenusRising Sat 20-Apr-13 16:22:49

Hi, I'm not sure what effect vitamin e tablets will have tbh usually evening primrose oil is recommended. Vitamin e has been implicated in cancers of various kinds.

You know if I were you, I'd contact a qualified nutritionist, and get some professional advice and recommendations for supplements tailored to you and your own situation. The bant British association of nutritional therapists website will give you'd entails of a qualified one near you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now