Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I'm going through the menopause and just cannot stop eating........HELP!!

(2 Posts)
baileysmam Tue 26-Mar-13 10:22:09

I've been going through the menopause for a while now, but lately i just cannot stop eating. I start a 'cut down/diet' every Monday and more often than not it's finished by the afternoon. When i get home from work my appetite is vicious. I'm at the point where i'm eating more than my 21 & 16 year old sons!! FFS !! At this rate i'll be rolling to work. I don't want to take HRT if i can help it, i take medication for high blood pressure & cholesterol, so really don't want to add more meds into the mix. But i do need help, this isn't just about my weight, (although i can't deny that's an issue). But my general health. I'm chewing indigestion tablets at a rate that is just not normal, and what the hells the point of taking medication to help with high cholesterol if i'm just going to stuff my face?? Any help / advice would be great. Yup no doubt some smart a**e may say just don't eat, but if it was that easy i would not need to ask the question. Help please ladies....... sad

Greekescape Tue 14-May-13 19:51:39

I think you should eat and enjoy it . Sounds like your energy levels are array, maybe check your blod sugar levels.However I found I craved carbs especially in the afternoon. I recently attended an Alchemy for woman workshop with a Doctor using natural medicines and she strongly recommended using 2 teaspoons of Linseed or flaxseed a day. Check it out and see if it's for you. It's supposed to be better than soya

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now