Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Night Sweats getting unbearable. Remedy urgently needed

(7 Posts)
lottie63 Sun 24-Mar-13 07:02:23

Awake every night at 3amish by night seats. Seriously need to take action now as am so tired. Menolieve doesn't seem to work. Please post your remedies! I'm 49 with a mirena coil, if that makes any difference

lottie63 Sun 24-Mar-13 07:03:00

sweats, obviously

BagWoman Sun 24-Mar-13 11:25:27

Going to state the obvious but HRT? Any reason why you wouldn't try it?

BagWoman Sun 24-Mar-13 11:26:14

Ps- you'd be able to use just oestrogen- patch or gel- as you are already getting the progestin from your coil.

lottie63 Sun 24-Mar-13 17:22:37

I m not sure about HRT. I need to think about it. There's no history if family breast cancer but I had multiple IVF cycles (have no idea if this is relevant 'cept you're thrown into temporary early menopause every time). Can anyone tell me positives and negs of HRT? (I should probably start a new thread)... I don't suppose it makes wrinkles disappear by any chance as well? wink

BagWoman Sun 24-Mar-13 22:55:22

Positives:

prevents and treats osteoporosis
prevents bowel cancer
may help prevent heart disease in younger women ( under 60)
Helps prevent vaginal atrophy and associated nasties
may increase/ restore libido
may help with your skin
helps with memory and energy levels
may prevent weight gain which occurs with menopause

negatives:
possibly a slightly higher risk of breast cancer after 5 years use
possibly a slight increase in strokes in women who are obese

Move your cursor over the orange writing on 2nd line and the scales tip to show the risks etc with age here:

www.menopausematters.co.uk/balance.php

lottie63 Mon 25-Mar-13 06:26:20

Thanks Bagwoman

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now