Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

irregular periods, perimenopause?

(5 Posts)
kaylasmum Thu 21-Mar-13 11:07:59

My periods have been spacing out over the last 2/3 years apart from my last one about 6 weeks ago which was 2 weeks after the last one. Now I'm late again and since last saturday i've felt like its starting but i've had a brownish discharge on wiping.

Anyone else experienced this as a part of peri

Tia for any replies

kaylasmum Thu 21-Mar-13 11:08:51

Forgot to mention i'm 46 yo

kaylasmum Thu 21-Mar-13 16:05:00

Anyone?

Bellaciao Tue 02-Apr-13 20:40:32

Yes irregular and variable bleeding is a feature of peri-menopause. There is no standard - it seems to affect everyone differently! It's when they stop completely that the meno merry go round really begins for some of us ( not!). I had no physical symptoms until they stopped - well I went onto HRT before I knew whether I was post-meno or not because of the flushes, sweats and disturbed sleep! Hopefully you won't get these - or at least not for some time!

Missbopeep Fri 05-Apr-13 17:21:43

My periods literally petered out. I never had flooding or heavy ones. I had a few gaps of a month, then 4 months, and several very light periods when I just needed a panty liner, then that was it.

Mine stopped at almost 54, and my periods only really became very irregular from 52- 53. But everyone is different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now