Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

cramps 2 days before period, and fainting

(5 Posts)
VenusRising Sat 20-Apr-13 16:17:27

Was it a stomach bug?
Hope you're feeling much better!

FossilMum Sat 06-Apr-13 23:39:37

Thanks for your reply, Bellaciao. Did see doc, but he found nothing amiss. I think it was somehow related to the mystery cramps, but as I'd been having hot flushes the few days before I wondered if there might also be some strange hormone/menopause link I hadn't heard of before. So far I haven't repeated the performance, so fingers crossed it won't recur!

Bellaciao Tue 02-Apr-13 20:35:51

FossilMum - sorry to hear this. I would suggest getting checked out with the doc. Could it be low blood pressure?

FossilMum Thu 21-Mar-13 09:29:45

no-one??

FossilMum Wed 20-Mar-13 21:51:00

Anyone else had period-like cramps 2 whole days before their actual period, and anyone else fainted as a result?

I'm perimenopausal, and after several days of hot flushes I fainted in the bathroom a few weeks back. Quite alarming. I'd had a few hours of cramps which felt like period pains (period due 2 days later, but cycles have been shortening lately), got up to take a paracetamol, suddenly decided I might be sick, then suddenly decided I had to lie down, then collapsed. I never was actually sick, and the period took 2.5 days to arrive. Usually my cramps show up within hours of my period; still not sure if they were proper cramps or something else gastrointestinal. I've only ever fainted once before in my life. Anyone else had this, related to menopause or otherwise??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now