Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Internal tremors

(3 Posts)
saladfingers Wed 13-Mar-13 13:10:59

Being woken at night by what I can only describe as trembling insides,not limbs as such but everywhere else.I immediately started to worry about this being symptom for MS or Parkinsons however have just googled and menopause seemed to be a possible cause.Has anyone else experienced this? I turned 46 this week.My periods are regular,although now only 24 days apart and I think I can only remember ovulating once in the last year.I'm extremely tired all the time and PMT is getting worse and lasting longer.I think my mum was about this age.Would appreciate any words of wisdom.

guineapiglet Thu 14-Mar-13 14:34:23

Hi salad - I think I have had some experience of what you are describing, sort of spasmy innards (!) - do you get pins and needles as well? I have been getting this more and more lately and my GP told me it was more common in older menopausal type women, and with MS or the like there would be other symptoms as well. Im a bit older than you, with what were regular periods but now about 3 -4 months between them - also rather tired and bloated as well, plus longer bouts of irritability. I'm no expert, but I guess going to the docs to have a chat about your symptoms and maybe hormone related blood test would give you some more useful up to date advice on there your body is at, as you seem very young to me, but if your mum went through it at your age, that might be an indicator. Best to talk to those in the know, I have found the links into the website Menopause Matters is very helpful as well. Good Luck smile

saladfingers Thu 14-Mar-13 17:38:49

Thanks I did try to get GP appt yesterday but they were only taking emergencies,Although I'm a bit concerned I don't think it's an emergency so will try again next week.Interestingly I'm on day 3 of my period today and tremors seemed to have stopped.Wonder if it is hormonal issue whether I'll only feel them once a month.Will monitor this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now