Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Help needed!

(2 Posts)
Jellykat Tue 12-Mar-13 20:43:13

Have PMed you..

joehooper Tue 12-Mar-13 12:47:53

Hi there,

My name’s Joe Hooper, I’m a playwright from London. I’m writing a play called We Were Wild, a tale of dissatisfaction and desperation in suburbia set against the backdrop of a period of civil unrest.

One of the characters is called Allison - late 40s, teacher. She’s going through the menopause and has started to feel ‘invisible'. She's started to find herself looking back on her life with more regularity. As a male in his 20s, I don't feel I am able to bring this character to an audience without doing some research first.

There are plenty of blogs, etc. on the web already, but I would prefer to hear from someone first-hand.

I am posting here to see if there is anyone who would be able to answer a few questions about their experiences of this subject? I want to present an accurate portrayal of this period of a woman's life. It is something I am interested in and something I want to do justice to. It is an important part of the play and so I need to get it right.

If you are interested in answering some questions then please reply to my post or message me and I can message you the questions through the Mumsnet forum for you to answer at your leisure. I am interested in anything that you might have to say so please don’t edit yourself.

Best wishes,

Joe Hooper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now