Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Help needed!

(2 Posts)
joehooper Tue 12-Mar-13 12:47:53

Hi there,

My name’s Joe Hooper, I’m a playwright from London. I’m writing a play called We Were Wild, a tale of dissatisfaction and desperation in suburbia set against the backdrop of a period of civil unrest.

One of the characters is called Allison - late 40s, teacher. She’s going through the menopause and has started to feel ‘invisible'. She's started to find herself looking back on her life with more regularity. As a male in his 20s, I don't feel I am able to bring this character to an audience without doing some research first.

There are plenty of blogs, etc. on the web already, but I would prefer to hear from someone first-hand.

I am posting here to see if there is anyone who would be able to answer a few questions about their experiences of this subject? I want to present an accurate portrayal of this period of a woman's life. It is something I am interested in and something I want to do justice to. It is an important part of the play and so I need to get it right.

If you are interested in answering some questions then please reply to my post or message me and I can message you the questions through the Mumsnet forum for you to answer at your leisure. I am interested in anything that you might have to say so please don’t edit yourself.

Best wishes,

Joe Hooper

Jellykat Tue 12-Mar-13 20:43:13

Have PMed you..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now