Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Sore boobs

(2 Posts)
Dahlialover Sun 03-Mar-13 20:30:34

mastitis?

I had some pain behind the that returned monthly, following mamogram. Cured by wearing favourite comfortable bra, thankfully. Not the full blown mastitis I experienced with bf.

multitask Sun 03-Mar-13 11:41:20

Really really tender sad This started about three weeks ago and I am wondering if it is a symptom of the menopause. I will make an appointment with GP but that will likely be a week away now.

Some background information. Age 49, definitely NOT pregnant as I had a hysterectomy three years ago but ovaries and cervix were retained. Husband has vasectomy so absolutely no chance I could be pregnant, so that's that one ruled out!

Because I have ovaries I know my monthly cycle, boobs slightly tender for a few days once a month but nothing as severe as this. Even when slightly tender I can sleep on my front but last three weeks this is virtually impossible. When I take my bra off they hurt so much I 'carry' them to bed! I should mention my boobs are massive anyway (although not fatty) just long and droopy now after six stone weight loss (intended) over the last year, now a healthy weight. This means they are rolled up into my bra hmm and I wondered if that could contribute to the pain. The pain is worse behind nipple.

So any ideas? I have not other symptom of the menopause, no hot flushes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now