Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Sore boobs

(2 Posts)
multitask Sun 03-Mar-13 11:41:20

Really really tender sad This started about three weeks ago and I am wondering if it is a symptom of the menopause. I will make an appointment with GP but that will likely be a week away now.

Some background information. Age 49, definitely NOT pregnant as I had a hysterectomy three years ago but ovaries and cervix were retained. Husband has vasectomy so absolutely no chance I could be pregnant, so that's that one ruled out!

Because I have ovaries I know my monthly cycle, boobs slightly tender for a few days once a month but nothing as severe as this. Even when slightly tender I can sleep on my front but last three weeks this is virtually impossible. When I take my bra off they hurt so much I 'carry' them to bed! I should mention my boobs are massive anyway (although not fatty) just long and droopy now after six stone weight loss (intended) over the last year, now a healthy weight. This means they are rolled up into my bra hmm and I wondered if that could contribute to the pain. The pain is worse behind nipple.

So any ideas? I have not other symptom of the menopause, no hot flushes smile

Dahlialover Sun 03-Mar-13 20:30:34

mastitis?

I had some pain behind the that returned monthly, following mamogram. Cured by wearing favourite comfortable bra, thankfully. Not the full blown mastitis I experienced with bf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now