Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

so I thought I was going to burst into flames I was so hot

(7 Posts)
mrsjay Mon 18-Feb-13 09:55:57

last night god the flushes seem to be getting hotter do I need to put up with this for the next (however long you flush for) years I felt sick and everything sad I am peri so not even in full menopause yet is there anything i can take do to reduce them

Cut down massively on dairy. Apparently eastern women dont get menopause symptoms and they dont eat dairy.

Missbopeep Sun 24-Feb-13 21:06:19

Yes but if you cut out dairy then you need to get some calcium from somewhere else. Eastern women eat lots of soy- so it's not just down to dairy. I haven't eaten dairy for 20 years as intolerant- but still had symptoms!

FlouncingMintyy Sun 24-Feb-13 21:10:09

I think there are herbal supplements you can take. Is black kohosh or something like that? I am fully menopausal but able to tolerate my hot flushes, they don't make me feel ill, just hot! So I feel grateful.

Honestly, if it is so bad that you can't self-manage then go to your gp Mrsjay. Many women are on hrt and it transforms their lives.

I am taking Evening Primrose, whether it helps, who knows.

Missbopeep Mon 25-Feb-13 19:41:27

EP is usually prescribed/advised for painful boobs and PMT.

KT12 Thu 07-Mar-13 08:16:09

I alternate between Menopace and Menolieve and that is working well to keep flushes away. I am finding if you stick with one of the alternative remedies it stops working after a while. I tried HRT - kept flushes away, but brought on very heavy bleeding so stopped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now